PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen SV650 rear wheel dimensions between spacers

Clarkie
August 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I am looking for the length from either one axle spacer (bake side) to the other side (cush drive) for a 1st gen SV650 or the hub bearing from left to right.

I have a 2nd gen rear wheel here and it is around 8-10mm too wide for this project bike I am playing with. I know the cush drives are the same for both years but are not sure about hub/bearing width.

I can have a 2nd gen wheel/cush drive, brake caliper machined down easy enough, but I have to buy a wheel (my wife wont let me use her SV650 wheel :? ) so if a 1st gen works better so be it. I dont want to use the torque arm brake caliper so either way it will have the 2nd gen brakes on it.

TIA

Aaron

slo lee
August 17th, 2013, 12:02 AM
If you haven't posted this question at TWF racing, an SV racing site, http://www.twfracing.com/vbforums/forum.php I recommend that you do. Zoran is the moderator and knows a lot about SVs. I have a 2nd gen, 2004, and I bought wheel spacers from him in order to convert to a 5inch rear wheel so I could use a bigger tire. He has a conversion for a 1st gen if you want a 5inch tire. Hope this helps.

Clarkie
August 17th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Ok cool thanks I will do, the SV wheel will actually be going in a smaller chassis/swing arm so it needs to be 8-10mm narrower not wider :wink:

gsnyder828
August 17th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I'm measuring just under 117mm from bearing surface to surface with spacer & cush removed.

Clarkie
August 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Cheers thanks Geoff!

Clarkie
August 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
First gen wheel is basically the same, on to plan B :D