PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the number plate thingys?

T Baggins
August 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Who makes the number plate thingys that include the background AND the number all in one?

Like the number seen on this bike:

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af187/DoddJacobsen/923389_588707464482400_933153644_n_zps68f6d1aa.jpg

If it's you, I need #21 on a white background x3 pretty please...

:lol: :D

WolFeYeZ
August 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Those ones are made by: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=15844&highlight=number+plate

Peanut_EOD
August 14th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I have mine made by Chris Kruzel drippinwet.com

lars
August 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM
my wife blocked those websites a long time ago peanut

lars
August 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
my wife blocked those websites a long time ago peanut

Nevermind..i should have cut and pasted the link....

Jon
August 14th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Are those not illegal as per the official MRA rulebook. As experts need to run black number on white plates or previous year champions may run white numbers on black plates? At least that's the way I read it..........

oldtimer
August 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Un!nk made similar for Aaron's bike, call Petrie 970-577-1407

Jon
August 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Isn't that you rear red/black tire warmer on that bike? :lol:

Christman29
August 14th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Matt Kyle at One Shot Promotional did my '05 Suzuki, my Kawi ZX10 and my current '09 Suzuiki

719-337-0737

Dodd
August 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Boy thats a hansome fella!

sheispoison
August 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Are those not illegal as per the official MRA rulebook. As experts need to run black number on white plates or previous year champions may run white numbers on black plates? At least that's the way I read it..........

Truth.

T Baggins
August 15th, 2013, 09:04 AM

?

Dodd is a novice.

Black numbers on a yellow plate is the deal isn't it?

Now as for size compliance... that's another story. Responsibility for compliance is on the competitor however. It timing and scoring fails to pick you up, and the manual scorers can't read your number, then you're S.O.L.

sheispoison
August 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I guess it comes down to interpretation. That doesn't looke like a "plate" to me at all.

T Baggins
August 15th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I guess it comes down to interpretation. That doesn't looke like a "plate" to me at all.

agreed, but at least the color combo is correct.

Jon
August 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
It's selective upon who you are and if the scorekeepers can see it or not. I just go the safe route as between the different organizations I race with there can be a whole hell of a lot of interpretations and I'm too busy getting protested, fighting allegations of cheating, getting screamed at by people's wife's keeping my kids and mechanic in check and etc and etc. I wish they's make a universal rule across the board, wouldn't that be great?

T Baggins
August 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
When we went to Chuckwalla, I got all kinds of grief about having my number on my mid fairing instead of the tail... same setup as yours Jon. Trying to explain that you can't really see a number on the top of a tail or put a small enough number on both sides of it was exhausting.

None of my numbers are "legal" technically, but they are very easy to see.

Jon
August 15th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I vote that mid fairing numbers on at least 10=12 area be made mandatory as CCS loves mine and I really don't think that there's a person out there that can say "we can't tell what your bike number is"

Peanut_EOD
August 15th, 2013, 08:10 PM
That's why I have my number on both sides of my tail and the sides of the lower and on the front and my helmet. No question who I am. Plus they're easy to read at low speeds. :D

lars
August 16th, 2013, 08:19 AM
That's why I have my number on both sides of my tail and the sides of the lower and on the front and my helmet. No question who I am. Plus they're easy to read at low speeds. :D

^the one thing in the rule book that peanut doesnt leave ambiguous :lol:

Ray-Ray
August 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM

Its also easy to read your numbers when you crash in front of me.... :roll:

Peanut_EOD
August 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM

Its also easy to read your numbers when you crash in front of me.... :roll:

Yep, that's the one time you CAN read my lap times in a picture.

Still waiting to see that video. Everyone wants to laugh! "Let them eat cake!"