PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia pit scooter problems

sheispoison
July 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Ok, so I have an '07 Aprilia SR50 factory and something is wrong with it. Wont run right and dies after about 15 seconds of riding. This thing has way to many wacky components on it for me to troubleshoot. I need to take it to someone who has some experience with these fuel injected scooters that's not going to bend me over. I really don't want spend more than the damn thing is worth to fix it, but I need to get it fixed because I need to use it the rest of the summer. Can anyone help me out or at least point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Carl

Jon
July 27th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Pete at Sportec scooters in Boulder's the master. Even Brian Sharp took his there as did I and the thing was a rocket when I got it back. The ECU has a problem sometimes and they shoot an error code that restricks the proper operaration.

Jon
July 30th, 2013, 11:12 PM
My apologies as I forgot your a do it yourself kinda guy. You can check resistance across the unit sixteen ways a Sunday though the correct method is to check rather or not its your ECU Unfortunately that involves replacing it with a known good one if you know someone who has one, What I did was replace with a performance one without the fault function. That woke her up to where she ran like a scalded dog, raped ape.
I've got faith that you'll get her dialed in though without ever spending a dime though I'd love to hear the cure.

Jon
July 30th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Give Pete a call and just pick his brain though as that's free as is the call.

sheispoison
July 31st, 2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the info Jon. I'm prob just going to call Pete and get it dropped off. Yeah, I'm a do it yourself kinda guy, but I got to many projects going on right now to want to deal with this. This thing is WAY over complicated and over engineered and I don't want to deal with it.

Jon
July 31st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Amen brother I hear that