PDA

View Full Version : Needing tire replaced in Denver

jbrowning
July 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hello everyone. I have a friend in Denver who is needing a rear tire replaced on his Ducati 620 and the places he has called has told him they can't get him in till August.

Would someone on here know where he could go and get the tire changed?

Thanks
Jim

JimWilson29
July 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone. I have a friend in Denver who is needing a rear tire replaced on his Ducati 620 and the places he has called has told him they can't get him in till August.

Would someone on here know where he could go and get the tire changed?

Thanks
Jim

Tell him to go see Steve and Bart at Mad-Moto- http://www.madmoto1.com/
4796 S Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
Shop Line 303-795-3474

jbrowning
July 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks Jim, I will give him their name and number. I appreciate the help.

Jim

Jon
July 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Wow having a hard time having a motorcycle tire replaced that says something about thw industry doesnt it or better yet
"How to invite a potential customer never to come back"

Jon
July 17th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Wow having a hard time having a motorcycle tire replaced that says something about thw industry doesnt it or better yet

Jon
July 17th, 2013, 07:08 PM

Jon
July 17th, 2013, 07:09 PM

Christman29
July 17th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I think Jon is trying to win the amount of posts contest, now there are 4 for each one you post Jon!!!!

DOUBLE A
July 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM

JON WINS! :lol:

Jon
July 18th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I ain't even trying this as I'm in Seattle, Washington right now!

Chadwick929
July 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Post whore! :lol:

longrider
July 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM
I realize this issue has already been handled but I am a little concerned as it is a Ducati and he is in Denver. As most of you know I work at Fay Myers and I can tell you that at Fay Myers a tire install never, I repeat NEVER requires an appointment. Tires are done on a while you wait, first come first served basis. The wait could be several hours depending on who is in front of you and by 2 or 3 in the afternoon it could be the next morning but never more than that.

If your friend did contact Fay Myers and was told this please let me know at 303.539.5035 and I will need info such as time, phone number and if he remembers who he talked to so this misinformation can be corrected on our side

Thanks,
Paul

jbrowning
July 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM
I realize this issue has already been handled but I am a little concerned as it is a Ducati and he is in Denver. As most of you know I work at Fay Myers and I can tell you that at Fay Myers a tire install never, I repeat NEVER requires an appointment. Tires are done on a while you wait, first come first served basis. The wait could be several hours depending on who is in front of you and by 2 or 3 in the afternoon it could be the next morning but never more than that.

If your friend did contact Fay Myers and was told this please let me know at 303.539.5035 and I will need info such as time, phone number and if he remembers who he talked to so this misinformation can be corrected on our side

Thanks,
Paul

Hello Paul, thank you for the reply. I'm not sure who all he called about getting the tire or if there might be more he was needing. I will forward on your response to him via a email and to let him know.

Thank you
Jim Browning

jbrowning
July 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM

Thanks,
Paul

Hello Paul, here is a follow up on this tire replacement.

Good morning Jim,

Thanks for all your help.

I thought it was interesting too that bike shops were telling me it would be August before they could fit me in for a tire install. Fay Myers was one of the ones I didn't call just because I am a little far North of them and was afraid to ride too far with my steel belt starting to show. I'm glad to see Paul from Fay Myers got back to you. With that said, I did get a call back from a local tire shop that said they could fit me in and had a great price on the tire. Once again, I really appreciate your help and follow up!!

Thank you Paul.

phildrummond
August 7th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I called Fay Meyers, told them what I need (medium compound, in time for the next race, etc) and I was told that they had the tire in stock. I drove down, waited 6-7 minutes before any of the 6 parts/tech guys I saw said anything to me. A guy finally helped, I told him I needed a rear replacement Michelin in a medium compound. He looked confused, went in back for 15 minutes, came back up front and told me not only did they not have it in stock, but they can't get race rubber and I had to go through someone like Mark Schellinger.

I'll call Mad Moto tomorrow. Anyone know if they have Michelin race rubber in stock?

Fastt Racing
August 8th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Tom. I thought you knew you could only get Michelin race tires through Jeff Healy. He took over the Mich vendor. He always has what you need on Fri through sun at the track. If you need something during the week call him, and he will have someone help you I'm sure. See the Supporting Vendor section on this forum for his info.

phildrummond
August 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks. I didn't know he was the only vendor. We've touched base and I'm hoping to connect with him today.

jeff healy
August 14th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys!! glad we got a chance to talk!