PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Harness?

sneeky
June 23rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Assuming the bike in question will be track/race only, what are the common wiring harness solutions? Replace OEM w/ factory racing harness, dissect OEM harness, or don't touch it? All pros, cons, and suggestions are welcome.

JimWilson29
June 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
what is your goal? many race with an OEM harness. usually you go with a kit harness when you have a kit ECU in order to take advantage of some additional features with it.

303 cycle
June 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Leave the OEM harness in tact. I put small balloons around unused connectors to help keep moisture out. Also if you ever do get a ECU/Harness setup you can sell the OEM harness (in tact) a lot more easily than a chopped up mess.

Just spend money on other bling, that way when your as slow as me at least people can see your "trick" stuff :( But my sponsors should be happy :lol:

sneeky
June 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Leaving unused connectors open to the elements gives me anxiety. Thought that a quick wrap in plastic and eclectic tape or heat shrink tubing would seal ‘em up tight but who knows if the plastic would melt and cause a big mess down the road. Buying a racing harness appears to be an ideal solution to a trivial problem, though it cuts into my track and tire budget.

Small balloons…. Nice. That’s the solution I’m looking for.
Thank you!

Jon
June 25th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Leave the harness alone and use ballons tape or what have you it's better to have tracktime, or fresh tires than bling