PDA

View Full Version : Hot Carl tech question

girlducrider
June 20th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Hey Carl,

So, my new 2013 Kawi 636 is almost ready and Dave and I were getting all of the bolts drilled for safety wire, and a question came up: The rear caliper bolt is a flat recessed alan type of bolt and I've been told it cannot be drilled. There is one other one of those, as well, up by the upper part of the frame (I can't remember the name) that's an issue too. Oh, and I think the rake level has one...anyway, can I just put silicone on these and call it good? Or do I need to figure out another solution?

Please let me know as I don't want to be disqualified with the new girl :) especially if the old girl is sold by then! Lol.

Thanks for any help on this,
Sam Coleman

sheispoison
June 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hey Sam, if there's a way to drill it then get it drilled. If not you can get through for Pueblo with silicone where I can look at it and we can try to figure a solution. Don't sweat it Sam, you know if there's something that won't pass we will all help you get it right so you can race. One big family!
Carl

bcmoore
June 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Carl,

Are you doing tech friday night at Pueblo? If so, what time?

Thanks
-Brian

JimWilson29
June 24th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Carl,

Are you doing tech friday night at Pueblo? If so, what time?

Thanks
-Brian

Carl says Friday night. :D
We will be sending that information out shorly.

Jon
June 25th, 2013, 12:53 AM
I thought Carl qasy doing the Pikes Peak hill climb again this year?

sheispoison
June 25th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I thought Carl qasy doing the Pikes Peak hill climb again this year?
Not this year Jon. My obligation to my job with the club took priority. But we're going to do everything we can to not let the dates conflict, so I'll be back on the mountain next year with any luck.

As for Friday tech, stay tuned, I'll put out a post about how Friday tech is gonna work.

Carl