PDA

View Full Version : Transponder and Generator

303 cycle
May 22nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Looking for a AMB transponder and a good used Generator for the season. Let me know what you have and price. Thanks!

303 cycle
June 25th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Transponder found, just need a generator before Pueblo so let me know what you got or Sears gets my $$$$$

jmaher
June 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Before you go to Sears, check Costco.

Joe

Jon
June 25th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I believe Checker O'Rilly auto parts is where most the MRA go for the largest selection of the "Neighborhater" TM. line of obnoxiously loud, socially irresponsable noise generation units. Head on down and pick up a 15K for like $300 but please, as always warn me what side of the paddock or town you're going to park and remember not to ever take that bad boy camping cause you'll be fined in no time flat on top of the minor inconvenience of your fellow campers plotting on who's going to cut your cord first :lol:

303 cycle
June 25th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Hell for $300 I have enough left over for a schweet exhaust!

rybo
June 25th, 2013, 10:11 PM
David -

This is the make and model of generator I used for a few years when I started racing.

Small, quiet, reliable - really a great unit. Dirk bought it from me when I upgraded.

It ran one set of warmers and my raceday radio (for hearing calls) and worked great. This is a good price. It's not an inverter unit, so I wouldn't go plugging my computer into it, but other than that it's well insulated and as quiet as some of the newer inverter models.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/rvs/3788304730.html

303 cycle
June 26th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Billy's in loveland :cry:

slo lee
June 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Just curious about modifying the exhaust of the obnoxiously loud generators. Has anyone tried to lower the db level with a modified exhaust? Too expensive? Parts unavailable? What's up? :D

gsnyder828
June 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Just curious about modifying the exhaust of the obnoxiously loud generators. Has anyone tried to lower the db level with a modified exhaust? Too expensive? Parts unavailable? What's up? :D

For mine - no parts available. With power available @ PPIR and HPR, PMP is the only place I use it so it's hard to justify buying a new one. I just try to pit far away from Jon. 8)

g

Fastt Racing
June 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
With some custom welding the exhaust can be made a little less noisey, but a large percentage of the noise output is from the generator engine, paneling, and control parts. This should be dealt with also. I don't have pictures, but I had 6 pieces of 3/4' plywood laying around in 2' X 2' squares that I lean against all sides of the unit, and it actually makes a big difference.

303 cycle
June 28th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Found a sweet Husky generator cheap :)

No owners manual and all it says is "4 Stroke oil" and gas with no more than 10% ethanal. What oil are you guys using?

rybo
June 28th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Oil- whatever I have left over from a bike oil change

Gas: cheapest pump gas with some stabilizer in it or whatever I'm running in the bike.