PDA

View Full Version : Jim Davis and Mike conditions

cosp600rr
May 13th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Anybody know how Jim is doing? His bike looked pretty messed up when I saw it. I saw Mike in the pits after so I hope he is OK as well.

Christman29
May 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Talked to Mike earlier today and he is doing ok, neck is not broken but i think he is going to get a MRI to make sure. I haven't heard anything about Jim????? Anyone?

JimWilson29
May 13th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Tony will post a status regarding Jim Davis later this evening.

T Baggins
May 13th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I popped in and visited with Jim and his wife Dana today. Jim is in amazingly good spirits, and he's sharp as a tack. They're really pretty private people, and Jim doesn't like to be the center of attention but they've authorized me to make this update on their behalf.

Jim is definitely intact mentally, great memory, etc. He was super appreciative of the MRA and HPR for taking care of everything and packing up his stuff. Vitals and everything are good, generally he's healthy as an ox.

However, he did break a bunch of stuff in his trunk and thoracic region. Not entirely sure the extent of the damage but he is going to have surgery on Wednesday to address the major stuff... then they'll evaluate the other injuries to see what else needs fixed and when.

His daughter will be coming in tomorrow, and so he's got plenty of family support there at the hospital.

As they are still sorting thru things, and Jim's still in ICU, they've requested no visitors or anything for now...

With their permission I'll update everyone again on Wednesday night as to his progress. Jim's a tough dude, and will recover no doubt... but thoughts and prayers are appreciated!

cosp600rr
May 14th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the update Tony.

Christman29
May 14th, 2013, 07:02 AM
If it helps, i would offer to drive his truck home for him..........i have a CDL. Just a thought............

T Baggins
May 14th, 2013, 08:24 AM
If it helps, i would offer to drive his truck home for him..........i have a CDL. Just a thought............

That's great Rob, I'll let them know. Not sure when they're headed home, and exactly where the toter lives... but I'll ask.

oldtimer
May 14th, 2013, 08:41 AM
So sorry to hear about Jim, thanks for the updates Tony. Glad Mike is doing better too.

NossLou
May 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I was just wondering if there was another update to how jim was healing up?

The GECCO
May 16th, 2013, 12:47 PM

Rob, right now the plan is to store his rig at the track until Jim is healthy enough to fly back and get it. I told him it could stay here as long as he needs and we would take good care of it.

T Baggins
May 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM
There is another offer from a guy who lives/works down the street from where Jim's rig lives to bring it home as well. Obviously not their biggest concern at the moment, but the offers are generous!

Update - His first surgery went exceedingly well yesterday. It was 6+ hours, but Jim made it thru without complication.

I'll see if Dana can tell us more today or tomorrow.

MadVlad
May 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
There is another offer from a guy who lives/works down the street from where Jim's rig lives to bring it home as well. Obviously not their biggest concern at the moment, but the offers are generous!

Update - His first surgery went exceedingly well yesterday. It was 6+ hours, but Jim made it thru without complication.

I'll see if Dana can tell us more today or tomorrow.

That's good news, thanks for the update!

The GECCO
May 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Jim Davis has been released and is flying home today. Doctors predict a 100% recovery.

T Baggins
May 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Woot! I had heard yesterday that he "might" be released... that's great news. I hope he gets home quickly and as painlessly as possible!