PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Friday Evening Tech

sheispoison
May 8th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Ok, so a few things have changed with the Friday evening tech program for this year.
1. If you haven't registered and PAID for races your bike cannot be teched until you have paid for racing. So if you haven't pre registered online you have to wait until you've registered for races on Saturday/Sunday morning.
2. Friday evening if you've registered and pass tech you'll get your wristband for the weekend and your tech sticker. Which means you can leave the kind people working in the office alone on Saturday and Sunday morning.
3. This is like always... but, tech will open after the track goes cold and we are ready to do it at my pit. Probably about 5:30 to 7:30. (I'm not gonna tech your bike when you roll in at 10:00, so don't ask).
4. Friday evening tech isn't something we have to do, it's a courtesy, so don't be a jerk about it. If something happens and we can't do it or it gets pushed back please be understanding.

On a personal note, I like doing tech Friday night. It makes Saturday morning way easier for me and the racers alike. So I encourage you to get signed up early so you can make it to tech on Friday and keep us all from scrambling earlier on Saturday. See ya there!
Thanks,
Carl

EdDuenez
May 8th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Carl:
for AMA racers or AMA bikes they have to do safety wire on front and rear axle?

JimWilson29
May 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Carl:

Yes and if you are not registered and paid for the event, you can't tech till Saturday morning.

gsnyder828
May 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Nice - thanks Carl!

sheispoison
May 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Carl:

Yeah Ed. The front and rear axles need to be wired.
carl

EdDuenez
May 8th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks Carl...

nobasin
May 9th, 2013, 07:38 AM
carl, axles also need safety wire and not just axle nuts?

sheispoison
May 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM
carl, axles also need safety wire and not just axle nuts?
Mike, axle nuts are fine. You can also drill and wire the axle so the nut can't back off. Does the same thing and either is fine.
Carl