PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 22MM Freeze Plug

shRED
April 26th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Anyone got a spare 22 MM Freeze Plug they would sell me or trade for some when they come in? Just replaced 4 and one went pop so we're going to put it in permanent like - hehe.

OR, is there anyone that I could pay 20 bones to turn a 7/8 down today or over the weekend? Missed race school but have a makeup on Tuesday and I just can't miss it.

Thanks!

Jason

OH - and NAPA doesn't stock these. I live next to the NAPA Warehouse store for Colorado and checked there first.

shRED
May 1st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Bumpity - I will give 10 (yes 10!) 22MM freeze plugs next Friday the 10th for one now. or $10 cash.

MotoMatt
May 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Hi Jason,

I hope you made the race school makeup date

I am not familiar with the freeze plug. Is this for your SV?

Matt

MotoMatt
May 1st, 2013, 07:55 PM
No doubt you've searched everywhere, but a quick search found this thread.
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136909

Do you know what dimensions? We may find the the U in UJM is true and you could fit a plug from a Yamaha, Honda, or Kawi.

Hopefully, someone can recommend a local shop that knows SV's.

Best of luck
Matt

shRED
May 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
I had already purchased 25 of these bad boys, but the only place that sells them only ships super snail mail - ordered last week and estimated delivery is May 8th. I went ahead and called Greg Spears and bought some of the pricey ones. They'll be here Friday.

Yeah finished race school stuff, so I should be good. See you out there.

J

MotoMatt
May 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Excellent. Who is Greg Spears?

I am looking foward to it. Struggling to get everything ready. Lots of parts are on their way. Still need to get a steering damper sorted. I believe I am close. What damper are you using and what do you think of it?

Matt

gsnyder828
May 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Who is Greg Spears?

Greg is an SV/small twins guru.

http://spearsenterprises.com/

g

shRED
May 2nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Nevermind I'm good! Got lucky on USPS - they said May 8, came in today!

J