PDA

View Full Version : NEW RACERS! Want to register online? Please Read this!

dave_g
April 5th, 2007, 09:19 AM
http://mra-racing.org/

dragos13
April 5th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Hey dave, I have a couple questions. I know i have to wait until after race school so I have my AMA and MRA numbers. However, will I be able to set up a new account prior to saturday morning on the 14th? I just want to make sure I'm registered so that I can sign up that morning without any trouble. So, basically, when will the "NEW USER" link be available?

dave_g
April 5th, 2007, 09:34 AM
The new user link will be available when the system goes live at 7 AM.

The reason I can not make it available before then is because we can not garuntee that all of our new member information would be available in the database, and would lead to much'o confusion.

Our lovely and talented MRA Secretary is currently entering everyone's new info into the system, and if this year is like every other year, she will be doing that right up until 7AM on the 14th of April.

Also, it is important to keep in mind that while we are all excited to go racing this year, if you have to wait a few minutes or few hours or few days before you register it is not the end of the world. :) There will be many returning novice racers, and since they have points, as long as they enter before the system is locked the Wednesday before the race weekend, they will be on the grid before you.

dragos13
April 5th, 2007, 09:38 AM
thanks for the response dave. I know its not the end of the world. I will wait and register that morning. Thanks again. Im looking forward to the season.

dave_g
April 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM
thanks for the response dave. I know its not the end of the world. I will wait and register that morning. Thanks again. Im looking forward to the season.

Some of us have been doing this for almost forever, and we still get excited for the start of a new season!

( I think Ricky and Brewer started racing when they still raced on wood circle tracks? )

:D

dave_g
April 5th, 2007, 09:42 AM
BTW: If you are careful and create your account correctly the first time, it will only take a matter of minutes (worst case) for it to email you your login information and you can begin event registration.

So, take your time when you create your account and follow the directions, and you will be able to register almost immediately after creation.

dragos13
April 5th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Sounds good, thanks again Dave. I will make sure to pay attention to the details.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
My question is, I signed up and do not have my license # or AMA# yet. Is there away someone can email it to me so I can make my account for racing?

Frank Paradise

T Baggins
April 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
rider #831

use 831 as your AMA number for the time being. you will receive your "real" AMA number in 6 weeks or so.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 6th, 2009, 05:59 PM
What do I use as my MRA # ?

Scored51
April 7th, 2009, 08:48 AM
( I think Ricky and Brewer started racing when they still raced on wood circle tracks? )

:D

Hey, I'm still trying to get Brewer BACK onto a wooden track! On his bicycle of course. :lol:

N1K
April 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I've ran into a problem now too. I started an account and never got the email with my password and log in. Part of its there cause it won't let me open a new one. I tried the forgotten password and still nothing. I don't think I did but I might have put my email in wrong or something?

N1K
April 17th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Well ok Sounds good.

T Baggins
April 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Well ok Sounds good.

Kind of hard for us to respond intelligently if we don't know who you are or what your contact info is... :oops:

dave.gallant
April 17th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Well ok Sounds good.

Kind of hard for us to respond intelligently if we don't know who you are or what your contact info is... :oops:

Info was already forwarded TBagger. ;)

N1K
April 18th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks Dave.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I am still not able to sign up for races. What is going on? I want to race this weekend but am not able to sign up online. How can I getr signed up for this race?

hcr25
April 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Just got all signed up and paid, worked perfect for me. Thanks Dave!

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 20th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I just tried agaim and it is still not working for me.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 20th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Is there away to sign up for racing without an online account?

dave.gallant
April 20th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Mr Excited but New Racer -

We apologize you are not able to log in immediately.

Adding extra exclamation points on your emails (every 2 hours today) will not, in fact, hurry the process up. When I am able to get to a machine that has a proper keyboard, I will attempt to solve this problem for you.

Until then, please keep the following in mind:

The MRA is a member-comprised volunteer organization with no full time employees. That means people like Tony or Glenn or Mark, and yes, even myself, have real daytime jobs that from time to time require our attention.

Yes, there is some monetary compensation for our MRA Board Members (which I am not), but with the current economy many times it doesn't pay for the diesel fuel for them to get to the track.

Yet, people like Mark Schellinger (your MRA New Rider Director) continue to educate and serve the MRA year after year. In fact, he was my Race School Instructor some 11 years ago. He is still at it not because he makes any $ doing so.

So, we appreciate your enthusiasm.

But remember, we are volunteering time away from families, work, and life to give everyone a better environment in which to turn very expensive works of art into worthless piles of aluminum and titanium.

Don't ruin it for people dedicated to this club by letting your enthusiasm get in the way of your manners.

--------
From Frank Paradise III <elvis8310@hotmail.com>
to webmaster@mra-racing.org
date Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM
subject Sign up help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Hey is there away to get this fixed? I want to race this weekend and need to sign up right away. The long it takes the further I will be in the back.

Frank Paradise
--------

Later on this evening when I get home from work, I will again look into this problem.

-dave

(Dave Gallant, MRA Webmaster, MRA #31)

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 20th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Dave I understand you have a daytime job as we all do. It just seems like alot has gone wrong since signing up to race over here in America and this has my hands tied so I am not able to even race, unless there is a way to sign up other than online. As stated at the school the later you sign up the further you are on the grid. That is why I am concerned about not having my account as of yet. I am sorry if my concern to this fact affended or upset you, but put yourself in my shoes with only 2 more days to sign up.

dave.gallant
April 20th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Oh, I am not upset. This is normal every year and will be. ;)

Just try and keep things in perspective.

And remember this:

You have no points, and you are a novice racer. You in fact, will be at the back of the grid no matter what you do. It really is not a big deal. Do well enough, you will make the first wave. Do well enough again, you will work your way to the front.

Take deep breaths grasshopper. I have indeed been in your shoes, and my advice is to take deep breaths and small steps. An entire season can't be won on grid position, but it can be lost on the smallest mistake!

We will get you registered once I can get off my damn iPhone and onto a real computer.

dave.gallant
April 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Out of curiosity, I tried requesting an account using your info.

It worked just fine first try?

Check your email and you should see your login information.

-dave

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I understand I have no points and am placed as a Novice for the MRA. It will not be an easy season for me with the Army as my job, a Family who has only lived in America for 4 months(Wife and son are German) and learning all new tracks after spending most of the last decade in Germany working and racing(when I was at home). I just have alot going right now and was hoping this was finalized so I could have one less thing to worry about. Next, is to worry when i can pick up my bike or if it will even be finished in time. I am just looking to have a great weekend out at the track doing the one thing that makes me happy(other than leading soldiers) racing.

Nabber
March 15th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I am really a bit confused here. I think I cannot register until I get my MRA License right or wrong? I have been denied access to the pre-register with my Forum name and password, so I guess I will 'sit tight'? I have had a message back from Scott, (many thanks Sir) saying I am on the database and my # is 911. I spoke with Jim today and he said I have to wait for the race school before I can register.
In all the pre season nuby inexperiance, I just don't want to not race come May thats all.
Nabber :oops:

dragos13
March 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Hey David its Casey. I met you at the last general meeting.

Here is where you want to go to register: http://www.mra-racing.org/online_login.cfm

The login name and password are NOT the same as your forum info. Follow the link at the bottom that says "New User? Click here" It will walk you through setting up an account and if your info is on file, you should be good to go.

Don't worry, you won't be sitting out come May :)

If you have any further questions just post up or feel free to send me a message.

Nabber
March 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Casey
Having problems replying to you. Got on but got a shock when I pre entered for the 1st race. Sportsman, Am GTU & Novice GTU cost $220.

rybo
March 16th, 2010, 01:06 AM
David,

Sorry I missed your call today.

The pricing you have is correct:

The first race you sign up for on any given race weekend is

$130

The second

$60

The third

$30

Fourth and beyond

$20

I know it's a shock, but this is the unfortunate reality of racing motorcycles. I wish I could explain the shock I felt when I saw our insurance bill.

Again, I'm sorry I missed your call and look forward to seeing you at the race school.

Scott

Nabber
March 16th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Hey Scott
Sucess I think! I have registered and paid my first race.
I think I am registered, how do I check this?
I paid membership and Race School, how do I check I am on the list for the 9th & 10th?
Best regards
Nabber

rybo
March 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Dave,

I can confirm that you're in the race school on the 9th and 10th.

As far as confirming your entries, you can go back into the system with your log in and at the top is a button for "view entries" This will confirm that you've entered and paid for your first race weekend. Entries in BLUE are paid for and entries in RED are not yet paid for.

Looking forward to it!

Scott

Nabber
March 20th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Thank you Scott.

LordLosh
March 20th, 2010, 12:11 PM
So i printed all the forms off the web and filled them all out for the medical, registrar for class, t shirts, and everything else i could find that i thought applied to me and mailed them in. Do i need to do this all over again online? I thought i was ahead of the game sending in all that stuff months ago. Sorry i haven't made it to a meeting yet but i just wanna make sure i got all my ducks in a row and i haven't herd anything back or had my credit card charged for anything yet?

JoeZilla1
March 24th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I have the same questions as LordLosh. How do we find out our registration status for race school? I sent in the forms, but haven't heard anything or had my card charged yet.

Thanks,

--Joe

T Baggins
March 24th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Hey Joe,

You should be receiving a confirmation letter or e-mail from Scott Rybarik confirming your registration and with info on the classroom and the school soon. You can also contact him directly if you're concerned.

The credit cards are charged by our Treasurer, Lisa Gaimara - generally a week after Scott has a chance to process your original application. You should also contact her to ensure she has your stuff, and that there is no problem with running your card.

ALL contact info for Board Members can be found here:

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=contact

JoeZilla1
March 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks, Tony!

Snowman
April 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM
So we are hoping that the paid racer accounts will be active soon? Or are we waiting until a little closer to the start of the season?

JenJen
April 5th, 2011, 10:50 AM
So we are hoping that the paid racer accounts will be active soon? Or are we waiting until a little closer to the start of the season?

I sent you a PM