PDA

View Full Version : Free Takeoffs for New Racers In Race School

nobasin
April 9th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Ok new racers, do you want some free takeoffs to use at the race school? I have 6 sets of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas in 180/55/17 and 120/70/17 all in the sc2 compound and 2 more sets with 190 rears. All of these tires are from the 2012 race season. Oscar from Sol Performance will be trackside to mount them for you for just $10/wheel.

Here is the catch...I won't be at the track until about 10am Saturday so you can either use them for the afternoon sessions after lunch, or, If somebody wants to pick them up from my house in Denver before Saturday so they can be at the track first thing in the morning, I'll help somebody do that. This is a great opportunity to try out some good race tires with only a couple endurance races and practice sessions on them and minimal heat cycles.

get ahold of me mikelakritz at gggggg-mail by friday morning and let me know if you want to either bring a load of them to the track so they can be there early, and so i can get a count of how many to bring.

mike

mkdiehl
April 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
great offer....good job Mike.

bcmoore
April 9th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I would totally take you up on this but I don't have warmers yet. I'm running the pro-slicks now without warmers and they are working pretty well for me.

On another note, Sol might need to bring some snow tires if this weather keeps up.. I can see it now.. dry track with a foot of snow just off the track on both sides... :-)

mauser72
April 9th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I would take a set if they aren't all spoken for yet I have some tires on order but I'm not sure if they will be here on time for the school this way I could hedge my bet much appreciated

nobasin
April 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM
2 sets gone, 6 left. i will keep track of numbers and will have them stacked up at oscar's pit on saturday. shoot me an email with your name and number and i'll make a list so everybody who wants them, gets them.

mike-

Sol Performance
April 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I have 2 sets spoken for too Mike. So you actually have 4 sets left. :)

If you need warmers.. I have a set of chicken hawk and suzuka rental warmers. I would be willing to rent them out for the day at half price for racer school only.

As for the snow.. let's just put some studs in these take offs and run it!!

See everyone Saturday!

nobasin
April 9th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Oscar, I already pulled 2 sets out for you and still have 8 sets left so you are good to go. You sell me tires, then you get them back. :-)

Another set is now spoken for, so there are 5 sets left, 3 with 180 rears and 2 with 190's.

mike-

Sol Performance
April 9th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Seriously gonna have to buy my tires from you soon. Haha

nobasin
April 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM
four sets left and they are going fast.

any volunteers to pick/load them all up so they can be there early?

mike-

nobasin
April 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
2 sets left! and one minor correction...just checked and one set is has a dragon supercorsa 180 rear with a diablo supercorsa front. last year's date code, but a dragon not a diablo, not that it should make much difference for the school.

Sol Performance
April 9th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Are you coming up north anytime soon Mike? If so, if you drop them with me, I can take them.

mauser72
April 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I definitely would be interested in renting some warmers from you how much and do I need to bring a generator or is there plenty of power at the track . Hey mike I dont think I am going to have time to come and pick up those tires before sat. too busy trying to get everything done for work and trying to get everything ready for the school thanks for the offer though very cool of you.

nobasin
April 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Oscar, I won't be able to make it up your way before sat. Kevin Finnegan said he might be able to pick a load up. If not, I will still get them there, just not until about 10am.

mike

nobasin
April 10th, 2013, 06:49 AM
and that is it, all sets spoken for.

it looks like at least a few sets will be at the school first thing in the morning, and maybe all of them, but if not, the rest of the sets will be at the track by 10am. please find the Sol Performance pit and ask for Oscar, or find me, #701 and we will get you hooked up and mounted. I will have a list of all the people who requested tires so if you asked for a set and for some reason can't make it to the school or found some other tires please let me know so that somebody else can have the opportunity to use a set.

mike-

Sol Performance
April 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM
I definitely would be interested in renting some warmers from you how much and do I need to bring a generator or is there plenty of power at the track . Hey mike I dont think I am going to have time to come and pick up those tires before sat. too busy trying to get everything done for work and trying to get everything ready for the school thanks for the offer though very cool of you.

You will have to rent an RV space or a carport to get power. If you bring a splitter and an extension cord, you can mooch some power of me for that day. (Won't be able to that during the race season though)

I would do $25 for the warmers and power if you are interested.

nobasin
April 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
hey new racers, there is a high probability at this point that all the tires will be at the track first thing in the morning before any of you even get there. keep an eye on this thread just to make sure, but at this point everybody who asked for a set should have them waiting at the Sol Performance pit.

i don't know what the school day schedule is, but Oscar from Sol will probably be mounting a lot of tires that morning on not just students bikes, but track day riders too, so get to the track early and get your wheels to him right away. trust me from experience, feeling rushed on a race or track day morning sucks so don't let being late add stress to the morning. but... if you don't get tires mounted in the morning don't sweat it and you can take care of it when the track is cold at lunch and be ready to go for the afternoon session.

mauser72
April 10th, 2013, 01:25 PM
That would be great thnks I may be able to find a genertor to borrow for the day but if not then I will borrow power from you. So should I just find you in the morning for the warmers my name is clint by the way thanks again.

Sol Performance
April 10th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Sounds like a plan Clint. I will be there as soon as the gates open. I will see ya then!

sheispoison
April 10th, 2013, 05:01 PM
You rule Mike!!