PDA

View Full Version : GSXR750 for Pikes Peak

crewnutz
April 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone,

Brandon Cretu here...I am looking to race at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb this year. Problem is I live on the East Coast and don't have a bike eligible for the event.

Does anyone on here have a GSXR750 Superbike they would be willing to let me hire off them (or ride for free would be nice!) for the event?

I don't know anyone in the West/Midwest so I am going out on a limb and making a request here...

I am a 3 time Isle of Man TT competitor and competed at the Macau GP last year. Just throwing that info out there so people may give me at least the time of day. ;)

Thanks in advance!!!

The GECCO
April 2nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
Are you registered and paid? Registration closed on Jan 31.

crewnutz
April 3rd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Do you have a bike I can rent? ;)

Ray-Ray
April 3rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
For what its worth, that weekend is a MRA race weekend. Finding a bike to borrow or rent may be difficult. Plus, a 750 in our club is a dieing breed. I'm not sure anybody even rides one these days.

Good luck!!

crewnutz
April 3rd, 2013, 06:53 AM
For what its worth, that weekend is a MRA race weekend. Finding a bike to borrow or rent may be difficult. Plus, a 750 in our club is a dieing breed. I'm not sure anybody even rides one these days.

Good luck!!

ahh, good to know

hcr25
April 4th, 2013, 09:08 AM
When did you sign up?

Jon
April 4th, 2013, 03:15 PM
This fellow has a few miles under his belt and's a well known force so to speak.I would think he's professional enough to pre register for racing and as a matter a fact will be doing the IOM again this year
.If I had a bike that I could loan him I would and hope he finds one.

crewnutz
April 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM
This fellow has a few miles under his belt and's a well known force so to speak.I would think he's professional enough to pre register for racing and as a matter a fact will be doing the IOM again this year
.If I had a bike that I could loan him I would and hope he finds one.

Thanks. I wish you had one too! :)

I'm not going to go into any details of anything other than my original question which was if anyone had a good 750 they would rent...?

Jon
April 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Hey Brandon,
Yeah 750's in the MRA are as you know as with most any club these days are hard to come by but if I still had a GSXR you'd be riding it for sure. I commend you trying to reach out to the MRA for one and a couple a years ago you'd probably still had some luck but these days in this club it's the big bike or the highway. It's a race weekend I guess for us but still maybe keep your feelers out as I know you're a front runner and best of luck this year at the IOM and etc.
Cheers,