PDA

View Full Version : MRA needs your transponder number if you renewed for 2013

JimWilson29
March 20th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Those of you that have already renewed your license for 2013, we hope that you have enjoyed using the new RaceWurx system. One piece of important information that was not available for entry prior to today was your transponder number. We ask that all of you please log back in to RaceWurx at your earliest convenience and add your transponder number if you would like to get scored during this season. The link to RaceWurx is http://www.mra-racing.org/licenserenewal

If you have not renewed your license for 2013 yet, please be sure to include your transponder number when you do so.

The early bird special ends on March 31st! You only have 11 days left to save $50 on your license!

Jim Wilson
VP

Jon
March 20th, 2013, 09:13 PM
What exactly does this Racewurx system offer the competitors. I know initially years ago when CCS/ASRA joined up that they offered features that to this day CCS/ASRA has presumably never appairently intergrated, but maybe the MRA will?
I'm hoping that it continues what was a efficient and fast online signup and pre-entry experience while adding a quicker experience for the board.
Though I have to say, that for years now that I and others have never EVER figured out how in this day and age that when having pre-entered and pre-paid in advance, how CCS/ASRA manages to take 15 minutes per person to process each and every person who stands in line at registration. Though it's always the topic of discussion at any CCS registration line. Hell we were joking at Roebling that they should set up a grill and a cooler and give us the opportunity to cook dinner! We've done it for years at Daytona and I stood in line for over an hour at Roebling Road just two weeks ago and was sixth in line. All while watching the post entry line move right along.
Please assure me that it's as good as the system we had before. I'm kind of surprized that it didn't include the transponder numbers that most of us had for years since we purchased them years ago, wasn't that a feature that helps make it quicker?
Regardless, I guess I'm venting and that any bugs if there are any, will be worked out and that registration for both the board and racers will be an efficient and as quick as it's become the last few years. Lord knows you guys on the board have worked for it seems days to understand it already and though we all appreciate it, we all hope that it continues to make life easier to all involved.

Jon
March 20th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah transponder # added and though I had quite the rant earlier you should have seen us at Roebling.
Though I have had no problems whatsoever with the online experience on Racewurx yet. Funny thing is that CCS/ASRA is still using paper mail in or fax in forms...what's up with that? Just realised what a pain in the ass it is as you can't change, add, delete a thing and most of all you don't receive a thing saying your entrys been received in the first place.
Hey MRA, you just keep on doing what you do you do, it's right and By God I trust ya! :roll:

sheispoison
March 21st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Hey Jon, this system is going to make it just as easy as the online sign up was before, but you would not even believe how much work it will eleviate in the raceday office behind the scenes making everything run smoother and more efficient. I'm not sure why CCS hasn't got with the times, but this system is really slick. I wish everyone knew how hard the guys and gals on the board that have been involved in this have been working. Lots of long hours and WAY above and beyond what they signed up to do.
Carl

JimWilson29
March 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Jon,

You are correct that CCS/ASRA does use RaceWurx for their race day management. However they do not have online license renewal and online race entry. Both of these features the MRA had added to RaceWurx to accommodate both our needs and yours. This system is much, much better than we had previously. Our previous system was built on 12 year old architecture that was out-dated and extremely difficult to maintain and update. Our new license renewal process is virtually paperless. Did you enjoy not having to fill out a 4 page app and mailing it in for the first time? I can tell you from a back-end license processing standpoint, it is much more efficient. I am no longer having to make trips to a PO Box daily and make 3 copies of everything received. The issues with CCS/ASRA's race day morning registration sounds like a procedural issue. Our race day morning pre-tech should run as efficient or more so than it has in previous seasons.
As far as asking for your transponder numbers after you have renewed; here is the explanation: Racewurx already had the field for it. CCS/ASRA already uses it. As I mentioned above, the online renewal and online entry are new features added to RaceWurx for the MRA. Initially we planned to have you add your transponder number when you pre-entered. After careful consideration, we decided it was more efficient to have it added when you renew your license. So we had RaceWurx make a last minute change. We did not foresee it being a big issue to log back in and add the transponder number.
This is a new system and a new process for us. There will be bugs along the way, as there are with any new implementation. We plan to address and resolve these issues in a timely manner in order to minimize the impact to all of you.
All in all, I think things have been going very well.

Jim

Jon
March 21st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Jim and Carl,
Anything that makes the boards job easier so that you guys aren't so grumpy (kidding) all right with me. I just truly wish CCS/ASRA would adopt on line entry and eliminate the lines.