PDA

View Full Version : Online membership renewal feedback

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
March 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM
Good news - I was able to renew my membership online with the new software.

Some (hopefully constructive) feedback.

1. If you don't have popups enabled in Chrome, it kicks you back to the login page without any message. I'm REALLY glad it didn't clear out all of the data I'd already entered. I wasn't able to find anywhere in Chrome to fix this, so I switched to FireFox and completed successfully.

2. After initial login, it seems in Chrome, Explorer, and FireFox, your password becomes visible when you type it in. I don't think this is a setting in my browsers because no other websites do this.

3. I had fun with the nationality selection.

This is definitely a better process that the old paper method. Thanks!

T Baggins
March 1st, 2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks Jim for the feedback.

We're aware of these "design features" and tried to address them in the instructions and prompts along the way... but even with that sometimes the pop-up blocker nukes you at the end because even if you've enabled pop-ups within the "baltimore" url... when it tries to take you to PayPal THAT site hasn't already been enabled.

Really no way around this because we MUST have PayPal open in a different browser/session to ensure security and so that IF any issues occur within PayPal, it can't be linked back to the MRA.

IF you hold down the "CTRL" key and then click on accept and go to paypal, that will momentarily disable ALL popup blockers. It's in the instructions, but I'll bet 99% of people won't read them.

Accordingly, we made sure that the info you put in previously was saved and you were auto-logged out for security when you go to PayPal. Not having to re-input everything I think is a benefit... just gotta to disable the popup thing.

Since it isn't banking - we felt it better to have the password visible (especially since nobody can seem to remember them anyway) so you can see what incorrect password you keep putting in.

The Nationality function will be fun, and it will actually display your flag next to your names in the results.

Overall a much better process, really it's just the damn pop-ups that are messing it up.

chrobis
March 1st, 2013, 08:38 AM
Simple and quick, even with having to bother Jen to remind me of my password (and login so it seems - taking a year off has its drawbacks...)

Now I'm just hoping that nobody was able to snake my unused :oops: two digit race number out from under me.

Thanks for all the hard work by the board to get this in place.

rohorn
March 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM
No problems.

Jim emailed my name and password. Got kicked back to the login page when I went to pay (yes, pop-up blocker). IE then asked me if I wanted to allow pop-ups from this site - logged back in with all entered data still intact (!) - paid through PayPal with no problems.

Race school wasn't on the payment menu for me - don't know if that's a problem or not.

And my bike has the numbers on it - ready for some warmer weather, test and...

T Baggins
March 1st, 2013, 09:52 AM
rohorn - will you go back in and look again... Race School should be available, down near the bottom of the list by RRW and Safety fund? Did you just not see it or is it really not there?

Thanks!

rohorn
March 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM
It wasn't there - scrolled through the list several times - maybe it had orange cones around it blocking the view.

Saw it on the "How to fill it out" .pdf - that's what made me mention it.

DOUBLE A
March 1st, 2013, 10:00 AM
I also had no race school available. The form is not available to go back and add if it is now available or not I dont know.

DOUBLE A
March 1st, 2013, 10:01 AM
It wasn't there - scrolled through the list several times - maybe it had orange cones around it blocking the view.

Saw it on the "How to fill it out" .pdf - that's what made me mention it.

Yes

T Baggins
March 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM
working on it... please hold. :D

T Baggins
March 1st, 2013, 02:01 PM
Fixed. Thanks for noticing guys... It was on the test page but didn't carry over to the real site.

DOUBLE A
March 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
So is that the new rider school, or is that track time for everyone the same weekend??

T Baggins
March 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Rider school. If you're doing lapping as a non-school participant, you have to do that thru HPR.

DOUBLE A
March 1st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Good info THANKS! :D

apriliarider
March 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
I got my membership renewal taken care of last night, but before the race school option was available. I just tried to go in and add that, but the system would not allow it because my membership has already been renewed and I show as "Current". Is there a workaround to that? Sorry that I jumped the start...I'll pull into the hot pit on the next lap.

T Baggins
March 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
I got my membership renewal taken care of last night, but before the race school option was available. I just tried to go in and add that, but the system would not allow it because my membership has already been renewed and I show as "Current". Is there a workaround to that? Sorry that I jumped the start...I'll pull into the hot pit on the next lap.

That was our bad... the race school WAS on our copy we were testing but didn't make it over to the final version.

Please e-mail Jim and Rachael to let them know you're planning on coming to the school and Jim will add you to the list and Rachael will tell you how to pay for it.

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=contact

Thanks!

apriliarider
March 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Tony! I'll do that.

dmart
March 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Easy to fill out and no problems.

Thanks for the improvement.

TD675
March 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
I am doing this now, everything seems to be in order. One question for a newbie novice racer though... What is the difference between getting an Associate Membership and a Pit Crew Pass?

mkdiehl
March 3rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
B. MRA Associate Membership (voting, non-transferable) cardholders are provided free gate entry at selected events.
C. MRA Crew Passes (non-voting, transferable) are provided free gate entry at selected events.

TD675
March 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Very good! Thank you for the clarification.

NossLou
March 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Well I'm not sure if its me or I just picked a bad day. I tried to renew and got all the way up to the point where I check the box to agree with the liability waiver, and then click on to proceed to paypal to pay. Once I click to proceed, the log in window pops up again, and I log in and go through the exact same process over and over again.... I never get to pay or move forward...

Like I said I'm not sure if it me or a glitch in the system but I could not re-register and payp... I will try again tonight from home.

T Baggins
March 4th, 2013, 08:49 AM
did you read the instructions, or the warning thingy on screen, like, at all...?

:shock: :oops:

Your popup blocker is on. Hold down the CTRL Key while clicking agree and continue and viola!

:D

NossLou
March 4th, 2013, 08:55 AM
:D Well believe it or not I did and I'm hoping its work filters. I turned them off on chrome a long time ago. I will try to use a different browser.... But yes Tony, believe it not this fool actually read the instructions... :lol:

T Baggins
March 4th, 2013, 09:15 AM
:D Well believe it or not I did and I'm hoping its work filters. I turned them off on chrome a long time ago. I will try to use a different browser.... But yes Tony, believe it not this fool actually read the instructions... :lol:

It's a first! Mark your calendars! A RACER READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE TRYING TO MESS IT UP ON HIS OWN! lol

Brewer had trouble with Chrome too... Did you try the "ctrl/click" trick? It may be that it doesn't work in Chome?

NossLou
March 4th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Well it must have been that chrome... Got her done with Firefox! Thanks Tony!

JimWilson29
March 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95472

Sent from my iPad

JimWilson29
March 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Nik I see your payment has come through. You are activated for 2013

polar x
March 4th, 2013, 10:02 PM
When it is paid, is it supposed to go back to the login page again? Mine went through but did not take me back to the original site. And I did not read the instructions....thats like practice, cheating. :wink: otherwise it worked easy for me and no issues figuring out how to do it.

T Baggins
March 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks Chris,

It doesn't "take you back to the site" per se... but there should still be a tab for racewurx open. If you clicked on that, it would take you back to the login page. The confirmation page and e-mail comes from PayPal.

Did you like it more better than the old web, print, fill out, pay the portal, write in the confirm, and then mail to Wilson...?

polar x
March 5th, 2013, 09:00 PM
absolutely!!!!!!!! Way easier and quicker. Great job and setup. Super simple and easy. 8)

kfm61
March 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Just renewed online, way easier than the previous method!

Now I just need to get / borrow / rent a bike for the few races I will be out this year.

Should be fun to fight it out for last place !

T Baggins
March 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Last is still better than watching from the pit wall! Hope to see you out there! You should buy a Honda 500, they pay contingency and everything!

loujr
March 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
I just finished and had no problems. It is an exelent improvement and thanks to all that made it possible...just hope I did it right..... :oops: nothing I ever do is that easy.

JimWilson29
March 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
I just finished and had no problems. It is an exelent improvement and thanks to all that made it possible...just hope I did it right..... :oops: nothing I ever do is that easy.

Louis i just activated you. Your all set!

loujr
March 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM

Louis i just activated you. Your all set!

Thanks Jim!!!! See you all at round 1.