PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Roadracing Corner Marshal School

VParra '06EquipMgr
March 24th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Some thing the MRA needs and TrackAddix is doing it.

Check it out.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=28564[url]

Timmay!
March 26th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Vincenzo, Do you feel that the corner worker training we do at the rider schools is insufficient?

VParra '06EquipMgr
March 27th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Vincenzo, Do you feel that the corner worker training we do at the rider schools is insufficient?

No! . . . my Italian friend. . . we have the best Corner Marshal in the business BECAUSE we have some much more depth & experience returning from previous years either as Corner Marshals or as Racers (maybe down on their luck) . . .

However, the "marketing gimmick" of soliciting Corner Marshals with a "Special" school seems totally different and new to me then what "We" have come up with lately to recruit, manage and in maintaining Corner Marshals on a consistent basis for all the races on our schedule.

Yes, granted the season has not yet taken off . . . but it was just something "Different."

However, I am so confident in our Corner Marshals that Without blinking . . . I will wager my modest monies against any other racing club or organization, may it be part of an AMA sanctioned race, that the Colorado Motorcycle Roadracing Association has, can and will kick A&% in rider-safety, track set-up, rider-down-response-time, greater amount of time Track is "Hot", plus overall knowledge what takes place in-around-up and down the track from the time we set-up to the time we break-down and head home.

We play Smart and we Party Harder !

So let the recruiting begin!!!

Timmay!
March 29th, 2007, 09:06 AM
However, the "marketing gimmick" of soliciting Corner Marshals with a "Special" school seems totally different and new to me then what "We" have come up with lately to recruit, manage and in maintaining Corner Marshals on a consistent basis for all the races on our schedule.So let the recruiting begin!!!

I see your point, we would need to advertise that. I can post something similar regarding our "school" on the CSC... any other free venues for distribution come to mind?

VParra '06EquipMgr
March 29th, 2007, 11:48 AM
However, the "marketing gimmick" of soliciting Corner Marshals with a "Special" school seems totally different and new to me then what "We" have come up with lately to recruit, manage and in maintaining Corner Marshals on a consistent basis for all the races on our schedule.So let the recruiting begin!!!

I see your point, we would need to advertise that. I can post something similar regarding our "school" on the CSC... any other free venues for distribution come to mind?

I really like the idea some one posted regarding sending an Invitation to other Motorcycle Clubs in and around Colorado to attend the races and help with Corner Marshal duties.

We would then post their Club Name and listed members on a large poster near the snack bar of what ever venue we are racing that day.

We can drop the invite in their respective web forum concurrently as we post it in our own forum.

A sample list would be: CSC, BMW Motorcycle Club of CO, Harley-Davidson Dealership and Clubs, Biker's Den Motorcycle Club, Coloradobeemers, Burn Motorcycle Club, Iron Motorcycle Club in Colorado Springs, Rocky Mountaineers Motorcycle Club, Extreme Sportbike Club of Colorado just to name a few.

What ever Club attends in big Fashion, maybe we can allow them to do a few "Parade" laps on the track during lunch with a respective Photo Op to give them after all is said and done the following week or so.

And the Club that attended the most races in the scheduled season could be feature in our up coming "Season Program."

What do you think . . . I can post the invite . . . just approve the invite itself and I'll get started.

Captain 11
March 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Great idea Vince =D>