PDA

View Full Version : "Club" racing in Europe

nobasin
February 15th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I am in Switzerland with my family piggybacking on a trip with my inlaws and met a guy from Frankfurt Germany who is a club racer with Speer racing there. It is essentially the German equivalent of the MRA. Bigger yes because it is across all of Europe, but it is their amateur race club here, no different in that sense than the MRA. Check out the tracks they race at!

http://www.speer-racing.de/en/race-tracks.html

Their season starts in 2 weeks at Valencia. Feh. :-)

Mforza
February 16th, 2013, 12:26 AM
I remember Speer when I was a teenager :)
They are very good club to race with. Used to watch them in Brno a lot.
Cool race club!

Jon
February 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM
So in essence one could theoreticaly ship his bike over and do a series on World Superbike/MotoGP/FIM Approved world class tracks and become World Champion....of club racing?
That sure ain't the easy way but it's a way. Looks like fun. I wonder if the wife will go for it when we go to Europe next summer :lol: Anyone want to join me as I'm gonna be in the dog house all season long.

Mforza
February 16th, 2013, 06:14 PM
So in essence one could theoreticaly ship his bike over and do a series on World Superbike/MotoGP/FIM Approved world class tracks and become World Champion....of club racing?
That sure ain't the easy way but it's a way. Looks like fun. I wonder if the wife will go for it when we go to Europe next summer :lol: Anyone want to join me as I'm gonna be in the dog house all season long.

Hey Jon if you want I can get you hooked up with some "real roadracing" in Czech if you want. I will go again next year :)