PDA

View Full Version : MCN Fantasy League - 2013

rybo
February 9th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Chicane is going to sponsor an MCN Fantasy League contest this year. Instead of collecting a pool I'm going to spend some time collecting prizes for the top finishers. While I am going to have a team and play, I will exclude myself from prize eligibility.

So- go here: http://mcn.fantasyleague.com/

Form up a team and then join the Chicane Instruction League with PIN # 7828

Good Luck!

Scott

rybo
February 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Interest and participation has been great so far!

We have our first prize!

Speedin Motorsports has offered up a brand new Bell RS1 helmet in the winner's choice of size and color to the pool of prizes! Retail value $399

More to follow!

Scott

rybo
February 22nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Time is running short - see the first post for information on how to join in the fun in time for Round 1 of World Superbike Action!

We've rounded up some great prizes so far and I'm sure there are more to come!

From Speedin Motorsports
a Bell RS1 Helmet!

From Sol Performance
a set of Pirelli Superbike Slick tires!

More to come - join in the fun today!

gsnyder828
February 22nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
I just signed up... now I need to know who to sweet talk to get approved?

Scott? 00--00

:lol:

rybo
February 22nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
all who've applied are now approved!

bcmoore
February 22nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Just joined... hope it's not to late..

Fastt Racing
February 23rd, 2013, 12:07 AM
I just got my computer working at the last second. Hope I'm in the hunt. Thanks Scott! Where are we watching these races at guys. Let's make this a little more interactive than it was for me last year.....

Yeeker
February 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
I wonder why you chose Checa, Laverty :wink:

rybo
April 24th, 2013, 08:29 AM
The start of the 2013 season has been an exciting time for world level motorcycle racing! Strong racing from Alex Lowes and Shane Byrne in BSB was expected, but their utter dominance of the series was not. In MotoGP we've seen a record eclipsed with Mark Marquez becoming the youngest ever rider to both set the pole position and win a race, taking that title away from Freddie Spencer. That series remains wide open with Marquez and Lorenzo tied for the championship position and many many strong riders right on their heels. Cal Crutchlow has been a force on the Tech 3 Yamaha, especially at COTA where he had zero testing time prior to the race weekend. Valentino proved he still is The Doctor by riding to a dramatic finish at Losail after making a big mistake in the early stages of the race. Later photos show that his brake lever guard was actually displaced, meaning the contact was made with another rider in the early stages. The guard likely saved him from crashing.

In WSBK the results are much less organized with many world level teams having mechanical and electrical difficulties in the early rounds. The factory Aprilia team seeming to suffer most of all with Eugene Laverty struggling in the early stages, despite being an odds on favorite for the title in 2013. Tom Sykes is also struggling in his early season due to some mechanical issues and a fall at round one that had his fitness to ride in question.

In other news it looks like all of the major series now have TV coverage for the year with AMA Pro Racing signing a contract with CBS to televise the Superbike and Daytona Sportbike races this week! Beinsport TV is offering excellent coverage of the WSBK and WSS series both on the television and webcast and MotoGP is covered on Speed. While we still don't seem to have a good mass media outlet for BSB, the coverage on the web is quite good, so it should be easy to follow your favorites throughout the year!

We've reached the end of round 1 in the MCN Fantasy League for 2013 and our standings are in!

We also have our first prize award for 2013! David Mobley wins the firearms tactics class from the Home Safe Company!

The trading window is open at this time until the 27th, if you aren't happy with your teams performance, now is your opportunity to do some trading!

Manager Team Name Pts
1 Scott Rybarik Spleenless Racing 350
2 David Mobley TEAM mob78 310
3 Russell Van Marter Risky Moves 288
4 Claribel Cooper Marco's Toys 277
5 James Bender Fender Bender 273
6 Joseph Cooper Cooper's Warriors 241
7 Kayla Cooper Fast Berry's 240
8 Holly Hendrickson Honey Bee Racing 231
9 Robert Keith 7828 224
10 Brad Morris GP - WSB - BSB 219
11 Zach Ritchey Big Boy Racing 218
12 Kimberly Prichard Diomede Racing 217
13 Brian Moore SCUD-B 216
14 Sarah Rybarik Rybette 216
15 Talmadge Jr ciaoSic 215
16 mark macclary gripped 213
17 John Chadwick WICKed Riders 211
18 ken yee Angry Marmot Motorsports 209
19 Ian Thomas Ian's team 206
20 Geoff Snyder Slipstream 197
21 david hetzler Team TTB 196
22 Oscar Solis Sol Performers 189
23 Scott Monchunski Munchdog Racing 186
24 David Hayward Hayman Klang 182
24 Rod Mattison Electroman Racing 182
26 Joe Maher Joe's Team 177
27 Renalda Bakke Reyven Warriors 173
28 Lior Masa Camel Racing 171
29 Matt Sanders Win it or Bin it 168
30 Jessie Martinez M3Racing 167
31 Jim Wilson UglyDogRacing 166
32 Chris Sorensen cjmagnuss 161
33 bryant smith hazardous 157
34 Shawn Parrish Trackstars Racing 155
35 Michael Carr 404 150
36 Jeff Healy 406 Racing 143
37 Jason Bonnema Crash 139
38 lars lofgren 2Fiddy 114
39 Zach Hill Dem Piets 112
40 Dennis Stowers Fastt Racing 102
41 Brandon Johnson Brandon 91
42 Ramon Uribe Uribe 72

jeff healy
April 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM
changes made! MAybe I can keep myself out of dead last this year! lol

Fastt Racing
April 24th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Last year I think I was in third after round one. This year third to last!!!!! Dude really. I had practice injury, mechanical, electronics, fuel, crash, penalty, fire, flood, acts of God. I am not sure how Uribe did it. Did he leave all of his riders blank except for one? Hahaha.

d_mob
April 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
We've reached the end of round 1 in the MCN Fantasy League for 2013 and our standings are in!

We also have our first prize award for 2013! David Mobley wins the firearms tactics class from the Home Safe Company!

Woah, I set this and forgot about it. I guess I better check my team. :)

Any chance I can get the Bell helmet instead of the gun show? I know I'm in the minority here in the MRA, but I'm not the gun type. If not, let me know the deets and I'll check it out. Maybe they can persuade me to pick up a piece to protect my hood.

rybo
April 26th, 2013, 08:31 AM
David -

This is the only prize at this stage of the game. I'll send you the necessary contact information and you can work out the details with Home Safe!

The helmet and tires are reserved for the final standings - I'm still looking for prizes as well, so it may continue to get better!

Check your teams, tomorrow is the cutoff for trades!

Scott

d_mob
April 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Well, while I appreciate the offer, I don't think I'll benefit from a firearm training as it's not my thing.

Feel free to add back to the kitty for future gifting, or give to second place for now.

See everyone in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, happy shooting!