PDA

View Full Version : 06-2013 R6R Complete Head

NossLou
February 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Simply That. I am looking for a complete head off an 06-2013 r6r. preferably an 09-2010 head. It needs to be in great shape! Not some beat to crap piece. I destroyed mine last year and am looking for a new one to for on the motor rebuild.... FYI I'm not paying 400 for a damn head though...I'll go buy a complete motor before I do that.

Thanks all!

Geoff85
February 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
So I have to ask, you want a part in new condition that would cost on the order of over $2500 new from Yamaha, and it would not be worth $ 400? Would you like to have the seller install it and degree the cams for $ 50 as well? :roll: :oops:

NossLou
February 2nd, 2013, 09:52 PM
I hear ya... Just on a very tight budget. I run a season on what most people spend on tires and fuel alone. It's an 8 year old motor. You can find complete motors for 800 with less than 5k miles in the off season.

Just trying to find one cheap... That is all, this will be my first complete motor build from stripped cases. I can't afford motor fresh ups like some lucky folks :-)

Hey if you know someone who will deliver an assembled head for 400 all degreed up send them my way :twisted:

I have seen some cheap on EBay, but can't get a straight answer out of the sellers about history....

Fastt Racing
February 6th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Hey Nik, if you can find one "all degreed up" and the timing is the same as they claim after you bolt in onto your engine, I will be happy to pay you to use your exotic parts sourcing talent to round up stuff for me, hahaha. JK, Just doggin on you a little as well. You will need to do some visual checks on the head after you get it to verify it's conditon regardless of the sellers records. I know you have some experience, but hit me up if you have any questions, and I can help you check a few things on your own before having to take it to a shop to have it gone through. I know what a budget like that is like as well. Keep an eye out and you will find one. See you tonight buddy.

NossLou
February 6th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Ill give you a call... Think I found one... From your good friend who is in Vegas right now.

Won't be there tonight chief, drink a beer for me because I'm six miles from the Canadian border and can't have any for the five week span up here. Ill be at the next meeting. Give ginger a fap tap for me too.

Thanks again bud

KFinn
February 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Give ginger a fap tap for me too.
WHat?! How did I get pulled into this thread?

NossLou
February 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
My question is how did you find out so fast.... jebus :shock: Hope the sack tap was delivered for congratulations on your new position...

NossLou
February 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Got me a head :shock: Next stop Moto garage...