PDA

View Full Version : Since mine got cut off...

racer96
January 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Was wondering if anyone in the club either has or have worn hazardous racing leathers?
Been looking to order a new custom suit, but wondering about brand. Was thinking pilot leathers but just saw this other brand and had questions about quality?
Any insight would be appreciated.
Zach

Peanut_EOD
January 28th, 2013, 08:47 PM
I have a set for you Zach. Go with Pilot!

Jon
January 28th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Hazard means emanate danger avoid as you see fit or not seriously though I have no experience with them but believe they are a newer brand.

T Baggins
January 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Nate Butler is making the "Edwin J Bloodnickel" custom leathers again... he's in Wheat Ridge.

Jon
January 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Edwin J Bloodnickel are excellent as I had a pair back in the day. Also given your overall girth they're custom fit which is always a good thing with alterations as needed in fast fashion.
Besides you get to deal with Nate "slappin the bass" Butler

NossLou
February 1st, 2013, 03:16 PM
I will put in another word for Nate! By far the best guy I have ever worked with on leathers. Extremely knowledgeable and is one hell of an artist with leather as well. Go talk to him, and if not...make sure to take any repairs to him. Does superb work, and for being an ex racer as well, he knows what counts in quality in a suit, not just look good POS suits that are marketed heavily now days... trust me I know...I made a 1600 dollar mistake on buying one...Nate fixed it all season long, everywhere he didn't touch busted open, and everything he fixed didn't bust a single stitch.

+1 for Nate! :D

d_mob
February 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM
There is also Patrizio (Patrick) from Esse who is based out of Salt Lake. Good dude and suits. I believe Nate just partnered up with him to do all repairs as well.

Build out a suit online here: http://www.essemotorsport.com/

PS... If you decide to buy off the rack, I couldn't have been happier with my Spidi. Got it from Sportbiketrackgear.com at a killer deal and it felt like a warm, soft, nevermind...