PDA

View Full Version : So, you're still on the fence about Production Racing?

T Baggins
January 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Yep, it's really this good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBO2awOIxic&playnext=1&list=PL2C2827AF4FE88155&feature=results_video

Ray-Ray
January 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Never give up your inside line Tony!! You had him.....until he took the inside line in T2.

T Baggins
January 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
That was Ari Henning. He's not even a little bit afraid to fall down... There's a shot where he's coming into the up-hill slide and he's totally on the front wheel - blows the line, and STILL makes the pass at the top. Crazy Effer! I had a long drive home just ahead of me. Maybe next time...!

glenngsxr
January 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
That's awesome. I love it. Does the club still have bikes to loan?

Ray-Ray
January 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM

The club never had bikes to loan.... That being said. You might get someone to loan you their bike. I know Coonshead loaned out his several times last season.

Ice
February 2nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
That was Ari Henning. He's not even a little bit afraid to fall down... There's a shot where he's coming into the up-hill slide and he's totally on the front wheel - blows the line, and STILL makes the pass at the top. Crazy Effer! I had a long drive home just ahead of me. Maybe next time...!

Too cool....

rforsythe
February 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM

The club never had bikes to loan.... That being said. You might get someone to loan you their bike. I know Coonshead loaned out his several times last season.

Just wait for tony to get drunk (around 5:45pm), then steal his.

Peanut_EOD
February 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
That was Ari Henning. He's not even a little bit afraid to fall down...

Not to mention that his bike is completely built up and no where near legal for the class MRA or CVMA.

gsnyder828
February 7th, 2013, 08:20 AM

Not to mention that his bike is completely built up and no where near legal for the class MRA or CVMA.

So that's twice in a month you've made that claim...

I asked last time and you didn't respond, so I'll ask again - what makes his bike "no where near legal"?

blaircsf
February 7th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I suppose it depends on what organization you are racing with and what their particular rules are. I remember reading (either online or in a magazine) part of what they have done to that bike, and it included aftermarket engine modifications (including tuner, etc). I don't remember what all else for sure, but they changed quite a bit on that bike, some of which would fall outside the MRA Production 250 rules.

Ice
February 7th, 2013, 04:06 PM
His engine head decked and has custom made camshafts. Also, I think he has an Ohlins shcok in the rear. I believe any of that would make it illegal in the MRA for the 250 prod class.

gsnyder828
February 7th, 2013, 05:58 PM
His engine head decked and has custom made camshafts. Also, I think he has an Ohlins shcok in the rear. I believe any of that would make it illegal in the MRA for the 250 prod class.

And no one protested? :? Hmmm...

Ice
February 7th, 2013, 06:05 PM
And no one protested? :? Hmmm...

It may be legal in the AFM events he raced? Dunno. Also, his motor still made less power than a Kawi 250 even after those mods so it's not like he brought a 50 hp motor to a grid full of 250s...

blaircsf
February 8th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I would expect it was legal for the classes he was racing. If I remember the article right, they ended up a bit down on power, but were a fair amount lighter than a Ninja 250 as well.

Peanut_EOD
February 9th, 2013, 10:50 PM

So that's twice in a month you've made that claim...

I asked last time and you didn't respond, so I'll ask again - what makes his bike "no where near legal"?
Sorry, I'm not on here all that often. Ari's engine is completely built with a decked head, lighter rods, adjustable cam gears, I think he also has high compression pistons too. It's no secret, if you talk to Ari he'll tell you what's done to the bike in order to compete with the Ninja's.

Peanut_EOD
February 9th, 2013, 10:55 PM
For CVMA the shock and decked head are legal, but the cams and adjustable sprockets are not allowed.

lars
February 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM
For the 250 class this year I think i am going to put gas in my ninja....maybe even a new set of tires once in a while. I can't think of any other performance upgrades....
and if you are all really lucky...i might just race the whole season...no promises!
what is a decked head??

Ice
February 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM
For the 250 class this year I think i am going to put gas in my ninja....maybe even a new set of tires once in a while. I can't think of any other performance upgrades....
and if you are all really lucky...i might just race the whole season...no promises!
what is a decked head??

Decking the head involves shaving a small amount off of where the cylinder head meets the block. This gives a bump in the compression ratio and helps squeeze a few extra ponies out.

jeff healy
February 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
what is a decked head??

Its what your gonna get if you take that saying "break a leg" literally again this year!! :)

Ice
February 11th, 2013, 02:46 PM
what is a decked head??

Its what your gonna get if you take that saying "break a leg" literally again this year!! :)

.... not kind. Lol

Peanut_EOD
February 14th, 2013, 10:13 PM
what is a decked head??

This^^^^^^^^^^