PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to clear your head, tricks to do it?

davy4575
January 23rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Two seasons ago, I wrecked on the street that put an early end to that season. Last season I just wasnt all there, My Father got cancer and passed away. I struggled through alot of last season to begin with mostly from the wreck on the street during the previous season, but once my dad got sick, I was even worse off.

While Im itching to get back on the track already, my dad died while I was out a track day at HPR, goes through my head alot. Im wondering if Ill have enough mental acuity and focus to have a season that Im happy with. The loss of a father to a son is certainly a life-changing event.

I know there is alot of members, who have suffered crashes both on the track and street, and dealt with significant life changes and got back on the track like before.

Did it impact your racing mind, How long and what did you do to clear it.

Thanks in Advance.

Throttleroller277
January 23rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Feel free to give me a call, and we can talk about it 303-210-0425.

davy4575
January 23rd, 2013, 04:53 PM
will do, Ill give you a buzz this eve. Thanks

spideyrdr
January 23rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
You also have a couple of friends at the track who have your back. We're right there for you, all around you. It's good to reach out, but it's also good to reach around.

Wait, that doesn't sound right.

Looking forward to having you back out there more this year Davy!

Jamie

Peanut_EOD
January 23rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
I like to get on the track TO clear my head. Not the other way around. When I'm on the track any problems or frustration I'm having just aren't there. I am alone in my helmet and totally relaxed and happy. The only thing I am focused on is the next turn.

Maybe there is some truth to the saying "You'll never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office".