PDA

View Full Version : Jim from TFOG went down. BBQ / Silent Auction Sun. Jan 20th

vort3xr6
January 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM
For those of you who don't know, Jim owns and operates TFOG Wheelsports in Golden. He is a big part of the Colorado motorcycle community and an all around great guy. He went down on the way to work last Friday morning and suffered some fairly serious injuries. He is expected to fully recover, but he could use our help to get him and his shop through these next few months while he recovers.

As wonderful as it sounds, owning and operating a motorcycle shop is not easy or as lucrative as it may seem. So why does a guy like Jim work 6 days a week just so we can take our weekends off and ride through the canyons? Because Jim cares more about the motorcycle community than any person I have ever met. Which is why when I heard he went down and has an injury that prevents him from doing his job, I feel like it’s our duty to help him in return for all the times he has helped us. With an injury like he sustained, it will be some time before he can get back to 100%. This benefit will ensure that TFOG and Jim both can make it through the next couple months while Jim recovers.

When: Sunday January 20th 2013 | 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Where: Fay Meyers!!!
What: BBQ lunch ($20 per plate) and silent auction
Who: Every motorcyclist

It is supposed to be around 50 degrees on Sunday so You are more than welcome to ride!

BBQ will be $20 per plate with every penny going to help Jim along with all money from the silent auction. My wife is a culinary graduate with her master certification on grill so we have the cooking covered, but if you would like to help with food, PM me and I give you a side item to take care of.

The silent auction will feature motorcycle and non-motorcycle related items for good prices and all proceeds go to Jim. If you have anything to donate, it would be extremely helpful!

What I need help with?
Items for the Auction!!!!!
Crock Pots
Plates
Silverware
Napkins
Tables
Chairs
Large Cooler
Soft Drinks
Bottled Water

Here is a link to a Google Drive document where you can add your name to the attendee list and add what auction item or event help item you will be bringing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap6EATTJ1A_1dHBKNFBELXFWWkJ4ZHEtVkVCSGtVS lE

Thank you MRA and I hope to see some of you there!

T Baggins
January 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I'm not able to attend, but am down with making a donation.

How can we get the cash to Jim?

KFinn
January 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Brad - Please review the following link and the PDF with the link.

If you can help get this info to the family and have them complete the application and submit, Randy, ABATE and the Randy Run board, might be able to help Jim out with the grant.

All of the process is out of my hands and I have no control or influence. I am just aware of the program and how they have helped in the past and why the program was created.

Good luck.

Randy Run Grant
http://www.abateofcolo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=74

PDF Form
http://www.abateofcolo.org/State/flyers/RandyRungrant.pdf

vort3xr6
January 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I'm not able to attend, but am down with making a donation.

How can we get the cash to Jim?

Currently I am accepting paypal donations for those out of state and keeping a donor list for Jim. You can write a check to TFOG wheelsports or send paypal to brad@206racing.com.

PM me if you want more details.

vort3xr6
January 15th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Just wanted to give an update.

Fay Meyers has graciously provided their warehouse next to the building for our event. It is heated and will give us a great venue! Big thanks to Fay Meyers!

An update on Jim. His second surgery went well and they have him up with a walker. He should be able to go home tonight or tomorrow!

I appreciate very much everybody who has shown support already through donations and auction items. I am very happy our motorcycle community can come together for a person who has given so much to us.

vort3xr6
January 16th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Update for those going, it's now 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

Some awesome donations to the silent auction as well.

Thanks!

Sol Performance
January 17th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Donated some cash to the cause Brad but I won't be able to attend the event. Good luck and give Jim my best.

vort3xr6
January 18th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks Scer! You are the man!

Donate on donatas.

T Baggins
January 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
moola sent, sorry it was slow.

vort3xr6
January 24th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks Tony! Going to give Jim all the money tomorrow!

froth
January 27th, 2013, 02:59 PM
FYI. Jim is totally amazed at the support from all quarters. He's healing up, and limping about, and SOOOO grateful to all.