View Full Version : Wow!

twowheelslide
January 10th, 2013, 08:33 PM
search for this on youtube
Professional Road Racing by Real Talk Of Colorado.mpg
the first 15 minutes...

chris nami
January 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM
:( what a tool. I was into it until he started misrepresenting the sport and himself...about ten seconds in...

loujr
January 11th, 2013, 07:40 PM
300-500 K for an MRA season? :shock: no wonder I only have one win.... :oops:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=304928

JWinter
January 11th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I watched the video. Who is that guy? I don't remember him. Anybody know him?

Jeff

gsnyder828
January 12th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I watched the video. Who is that guy? I don't remember him. Anybody know him?

Jeff

I remember him. Vaguely.

Lets just say that his story and my recollection don't quite line up.

g

Bueller999
January 12th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Was that comedy? :lol:

slo lee
January 12th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks, Loujr, for posting the link. After watching the whole video and reading the comments to my mind there may be an issue here. This guy has raised questions about his integrity and his judgement in the minds of his peers. He holds himself out to the public as a racer and a teacher. Maybe I've got this wrong but in my limited experience, the instructors at the MRA, coaches etc. are modest and exercise humility about their accomplishments. Not that there isn't a lot of joking and teasing but everyone seems to know where to stop. I'm not sure this guy does. A lot of people feel he crossed a line. That, to me that is an error in judgement. Kinda selfish. Did he know what kind of risk he was taking when he decided to present himself this way? Not what I want in a coach or teacher. There was a suggestion on the WERA board to send the link to that guy and see if he reins himself in. I think that's a good idea. If he doesn't do it himself, maybe some official pushback? Putting his claims in context might help his future students. Maybe he's a great teacher and this aspect of him doesn't affect his students. I don't know. My $.02

fearandlove
January 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Where can I purchase this "go fast" underwear?

The GECCO
January 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
<snip>... send the link to that guy and see if he reins himself in. I think that's a good idea. If he doesn't do it himself, maybe some official pushback? <snip>

No one here (or anywhere else for that matter) is in a position to give "official" pushback. He's being a douchebag, he's not doing anything illegal. If he thinks bragging and exaggerating makes him look better and helps his business, more power to him. Personally, I think most people's bullshit detector is sensitive enough to sniff him out.

chris nami
January 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Amen to that!

NossLou
January 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Like I said before...holy shit have I lost all resprect for him after watching that. I do not care if he is a instructor or whatever his case is... My best advice for him and his 90k r1 with matching go fast underware, is to go run for congress or as a politician...he would fit right in.

Failed to mention that a few novices on a clapped out ebay bikes that cost less than his underwear beat his proclaimed professional ass...what a joke...creates a horrible face for roadracing locally IMO!

T Baggins
January 14th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Until everyone started blowing this up, there were fewer than 150 views... so I rather doubt it has adversely impacted the MRA or our sport.

As far as damaging his credibility... that may be another story.

Peanut_EOD
January 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I wanna go fast! Should I start wearing underwear?

d_mob
January 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Like I said before...holy shit have I lost all resprect for him after watching that. I do not care if he is a instructor or whatever his case is... My best advice for him and his 90k r1 with matching go fast underware, is to go run for congress or as a politician...he would fit right in.

Failed to mention that a few novices on a clapped out ebay bikes that cost less than his underwear beat his proclaimed professional ass...what a joke...creates a horrible face for roadracing locally IMO!

First off, his bike wasn't $90k. Far from it in reality. In fact, the bike is sitting in Coyote Motorsports as we speak and is for sale at $13k I believe. I went in there looking to check out the Super Tenere ADV bike and mentioned that I race and the guy said, "boy do I have the bike for you!"

Regarding the video, I think he may be referring to me when he says "David" somewhere around the 9:30 mark. I believe he said that I crashed in front of him and this was just after he "passed Hot Carl". Neither of which happened at Hastings in 2008. I do remember him having a minor slide/crash that weekend, but it was very low speed and both he and the bike were fine.

Interestingly, I can't be too mad at this guy. He traded me a set of Marchi Mag 16.5 rims for a stock set of R6 wheels. Said he was tired of paying the extra $100 per set of tires. Not the best math on his part as I sold the Marchis for $2,300'ish and used the cash for tires all season. :wink:

He really is delusional. I was in Vail one time eating pizza at a small place. I looked up on the wall and saw a HUGE Curd poster on the wall, framed and signed! Wth? Almost as bad as Nabber putting his posters up all around GBs! :)

d_mob
January 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM

First off, his bike wasn't $90k. Far from it in reality. In fact, the bike is sitting in Coyote Motorsports as we speak and is for sale at $13k I believe. I went in there looking to check out the Super Tenere ADV bike and mentioned that I race and the guy said, "boy do I have the bike for you!"

Regarding the video, I think he may be referring to me when he says "David" somewhere around the 9:30 mark. I believe he said that I crashed in front of him and this was just after he "passed Hot Carl". Neither of which happened at Hastings in 2008. I do remember him having a minor slide/crash that weekend, but it was very low speed and both he and the bike were fine.

Interestingly, I can't be too mad at this guy. He traded me a set of Marchi Mag 16.5 rims for a stock set of R6 wheels. Said he was tired of paying the extra $100 per set of tires. Not the best math on his part as I sold the Marchis for $2,300'ish and used the cash for tires all season. :wink:

He really is delusional. I was in Vail one time eating pizza at a small place. I looked up on the wall and saw a HUGE Curd poster on the wall, framed and signed! Wth? Almost as bad as Nabber putting his posters up all around GBs! :)

PS... Pretty sure that bike has been for sale @ Coyote since the end of the 2009 season @ $13k. Seems like a great deal for a $90k bike! I wonder why it hasn't sold... :roll:

You know what is worse than the Curd video? The fact that the majority of the motorcycle dealerships in/around Colorado are so clueless when it comes to racing and the sport in general. I guess that is just state of the union with regards to the motorcycle industry in the US vs Europe.

JimWilson29
January 15th, 2013, 09:49 AM
PS... Pretty sure that bike has been for sale @ Coyote since the end of the 2009 season @ $13k. Seems like a great deal for a $90k bike! I wonder why it hasn't sold... :roll:

That bike is a turd. I raced it once and it had horrible front end feel because the chassis flexes so much. And it had no power, especially top end. There is a reason no one races the latest generation R1 except for the factory team, and they had to heavily modify the frame, move the fuel tank under the seat and run a $200k Marinelli sytem. They need to put street bodywork back on it and sell off all the YEC stuff if they want to get rid of it.

You know what is worse than the Curd video? The fact that the majority of the motorcycle dealerships in/around Colorado are so clueless when it comes to racing and the sport in general. I guess that is just state of the union with regards to the motorcycle industry in the US vs Europe.

I wouldn't say they are clueless. The issue is they sell a lot more dirtbikes including accessories and apparel than sportbikes and full leather suits, etc. So when it comes to local racing, there is more focus on the RMXA and SRAC. The MRA has been reaching out to more dealerships and building relationships with them. We have received a warm reception with our new E-Displays that we are placing in every shop. These alone should spark greater interest in the MRA and road racing.

DOUBLE A
January 15th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I believe I left my front brake lever in the tail of that R1 that day you rode it Jim :oops:

loujr
January 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM
We have received a warm reception with our new E-Displays that we are placing in every shop. These alone should spark greater interest in the MRA and road racing.

With more interest and the awesome staff and membership the MRA has I think (yes it happens...like once a year) it will help get the correct information to new riders/racers/fans to have a better understanding of what road racing is. I don't think there is anything anyone can do to prevent misinformation from being out there, I believe the superstreet program is an excellent way to spread the word in a safe and responsible manner with the correct information.