PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel repair

303 cycle
January 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
So my wife was nice enough to curb feel using the left front tire of my GTO. Anyone know a good repair shop that can refinish a wheel? The wheel is straight but the curb rash is getting to me everytime I see it :cry:

AdamandNoahsdad
January 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Woody's Wheel Works

Fastt Racing
January 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Woody's does straightening if needed, but I'm not sure about the refinishing of that style. Spec wheels 3038530230 is who has reman wheels to exchange in most cases or they can refurbish yours in some cases. You may just want to keep an eye out for used or refurb to buy.

303 cycle
January 8th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I won't go to Woody's

There is a full set on craiglist for $300 so that might be the route I have to go as I'm guessing refinishing will be around $200+ :x

Matrix
January 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I won't go to Woody's

There is a full set on craiglist for $300 so that might be the route I have to go as I'm guessing refinishing will be around $200+ :x

I knocked a half dollar size chunk out of my wheel when I hit a peice of medal in the road pulling a trailer (destoyed my tire too). Woody's only charged me $50 to weld and polish it. Hell of a deal as I was expecting to pay 4 or 5 times that. Might be cheaper then you think.