PDA

View Full Version : Going to GP Shift - need a new quickshifter?

spideyrdr
January 3rd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Hi all,

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but wanted to confirm. I currently have an '03 R6 with Woodcraft rearsets and a Dynojet Quickshifter, the 'pull' type. If I were to flip to GP shift, I would need a 'push' type Quickshifter instead, correct?

Cheers,
Jamie

rybo
January 3rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
yes - you will need a new one.

some brands are "switchable" - the Dynojet one is not.

spideyrdr
January 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks Scott, I was playing around with it in the GP configuration and was pretty sure I was going to need a push type but I appreciate the confirmation!

KFinn
January 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Logalbo has the Cordona QS that should work for you.

jplracing
January 3rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
I actually have 2 sitting on my desk..let me know

Fastt Racing
January 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hate to be the sceptic, but if you install the rocker style GP upgrade to a woodcraft rearset you do not have to change anything but the length of the shift rod. I believe you run the rod outside the frame on the '03 R6, and switch the shift lever on the transmission around in most cases, which would require a new shiny part. I know I'm always overthinkin stuff, sorry guys. Rybo has been racing motorcycles for 2 years now so he should know, hahaha. The cardona stuff has a good reliability reputation as well.

spideyrdr
January 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys. Now that the shift arm is flipped, it does indeed "push" when upshifting instead of "pulling" so I would need a new sensor.

I got a bead on a very good deal on a Dynojet "push" sensor, but if that falls through, I'll give you a call, Joe. For the record, do the Cordona systems plug into the Dynojet PCIII or how do they work? (Please use this as an opportunity to shamelessly plus the Cordona system!). :)

Jamie

Throttleroller277
January 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Yes, the Cordona has an option to plug directly into the Power Commander III. Also easily programable as far as sensitivity level. Simple push of a button.