PDA

View Full Version : Tire Mount & Balance for Car

Scored51
January 2nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Does anyone have access to tire changing and balancing machines for a car? I have a set of take-offs that I need mounted up on my wife's car. (No jokes... I typed it the right way round. :lol: ). After hours or whenever: I can do it myself if you prefer as I'm just a tech without a shop.

Call (303) 903-5420.

Thanks guys,

fairrpe86
January 2nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
I know at one point the Schellingers had their tire mounting machine (motorcycle and car machine should be the same thing right?) and I am pretty sure I saw a spin balancer in their shop. Not sure if they still have them or not

Scored51
January 2nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Hey Brandon,

Thanks for the idea, but they aren't typically the same as the balancing arbor is a lot thicker for cars and needs to have the appropriate adapters.

fairrpe86
January 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
I guess since it was the automatic/computerized spin balancer I assumed it was meant for the 4 wheeled vehicles. The only way I have ever seen a motorcycle tire/wheel balanced is via the little manual balancers that the tire vendors use at the track.

Wayniac
January 2nd, 2013, 07:52 PM
I could help you out if your willing to head to the Boulder Area.

Scored51
January 2nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks Wayne! I actually went to dinner down by Harbor Freight and decided to go "old school" with a bubble balancer. Since I've actually got more to do than just this set. If I end up smacking myself too many times with the tire irons or can't get a good static balance I'll give you a call.

Fastt Racing
January 4th, 2013, 09:02 PM
You won't be happy with a high quality bubble balancer, besides the steep cone harbor freight unit dude.

Just-Us Racing
January 4th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Chris, where are you at? I work over at Emich VW off Colorado and I25 and may be able to help. We even just got a new road force balancer. ;)

Wayniac
January 5th, 2013, 09:44 PM
VW competition? :twisted: My Road Force Balancer is way better than Emichs. 8)

Just-Us Racing
January 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Hahaha, yep VW Competition!!! Do we need to have our own class??? :twisted: I will bet you that it is the same road force balancer if you got it through the Hunter VW deal. :lol:

sheispoison
January 5th, 2013, 10:42 PM
VW hook-up... Good to know :wink:

Fastt Racing
January 7th, 2013, 02:16 PM
You guys don't need your own VW competition class, you just need to buy bikes that are eligible for Thunderbike!!

Wayniac
January 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
We've had ours for years. But yeah it is probably the same one.

Just-Us Racing
January 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Well, if I am reading the rules correctly my 00 Honda RS250 seems to be legal for that class... ;)