PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Motorcycle Show and Swap with ABATE Feb 2nd/3rd

Louden
January 1st, 2013, 09:53 PM
Colorado Motorcycle Show and Swap

ABATE of Colorado has once again invited us to attend the Colorado Motorcycle Show and Swap where we can continue to promote the MRA to motorcyclist from near and far.

Therefore the MRA is looking for volunteers and or Novices who want to work off their required Novice hours to help with setup on Friday Feb 1st, Public Relations Saturday Feb 2nd, and Public Relations/tear down Sunday Feb 3rd. If you would like to volunteer please post up below, and or email me at louden189@gmail.com

This will involve interaction with event attendees which includes speaking about the MRA, offering our 2 for 1's to potential new racers and spectators, and adding them to our mailing list with our contact forms. There will be an emphasis on promoting our Super Street class to the local street riders and recruiting new corner marshals.

For more info regarding the motorcycle show and swap click on the link.

http://www.comotorcycleshowandswap.com/

For more info regarding Volunteering please look below and or contact me for more details.

When

Setup Friday Febuary 1st time to be determined
Public Relations Saturday Febuary 2nd 9:00am - 7:00pm
Public Relations/ tear down Sunday Febuary 3rd 9:00am - 4:00pm

Where

National Western Complex
Off I-70 Exit at Brighton Blvd.
(North of Denver Coliseum)
Denver, Colorado

Volunteers/shifts

Can't stay the whole day, no problem, volunteering will be broken up into shifts of 4 hours at a time as follows:

Friday Setup
Jeff Waychoff

Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm
John Chadwick
Sam Coleman/Hollywood
Brownie (partial shift)

Satuday 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Amber Patterson
Brownie

Saturday 3:00pm to 7:00pm
Brownie
Tom Lilly
Michael Barnett

Sunday 9:00 am to 1:00pm
Randall Turner
Drew

Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Alex Jegge
Eric Becker

Thank you ABATE for supporting the MRA

Throttleroller277
January 2nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
I can do Saturday afternoon.

If you need someone for the morning I can do that too, and I'll just work all day.

Put me down for a shift on Sunday as well.

JimWilson29
January 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
I will be there most of the day Saturday.

AdamandNoahsdad
January 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
What time is the wet t-shirt contest?

Louden
January 2nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Wet t-shirt contest? You would have to ask brownie about that :shock:

Throttleroller277
January 3rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Saturday afternoon. 1:00 or 2:00 I think 8)

Fastt Racing
January 4th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Damn Mike you beat me to it. I knew that Jeff was going on Saturday for the wet Angels and Banditos contest, hehehe.

I should be down for Saturday or Sunday as well. Do you need anyone to bring their bike over. I don't think we can display Hot Carls bike THIS year. His has a couple cratches, and that is a really high class show over there.

Louden
January 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Sounds good Denis.

If you would like to bring your motorcycle to display that would be great. I'll have to confirm we have the room, but I'm willing to bet that we have the room.

Peanut_EOD
January 6th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I can bring my 250 if you want.

Chadwick929
January 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I can help out Saturday morning.

Louden
January 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Got it.

Snowman
January 9th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Can do anytime Saturday or Sunday.

Last time I worked that show we wore our leather suits, are you still wanting to do that?

Also I may have the paint job on my bike done by then. I have painted it with black chalkboard paint and I could loan it out with chalk for kids to draw on it.
Unless you see liability issues with this idea?

Louden
January 10th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Snowman

I'll put you down for Sunday morning.

Your more than welcome to wear you suit, I don't know if I can get everyone to go along with that. I suppose we can give it a go if anyone else is interested in doing so.

The chalk paint is a great idea, and I don't see there being liability issues so long as the bike is on a sturdy stand. You will have to come Friday to setup your bike, and pick it up on sunday after the show as well, so keep that in mind.

Also you may consider entering your bike in the bike show I've heard its very reasonable and with that kind of paint you most certainly have something different.

Everyone

Last year the director of the bike show spoke with me and he wanted more sport bikes in the show and they had reserved spaces last year for our type of bikes and they were never filled so if someone is interested in doing so I recommend it.

Snowman
January 11th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Sweet, will be there at 9am.
Is there some form of pass for vendors to get in free?
Do you know if there would be space next to the MRA/ABATE booth for my bike?

Throttleroller277
January 11th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I can bring leathers if that is the way we want to go

JimWilson29
January 11th, 2013, 02:33 PM
We wore leathers at the Hot Rod Show the end of 2009. After standing for 4 hours in leathers and boots, it got very hot and uncomfortable. I don't recommend it but your welcome to wear them. We suggest wearing an MRA shirt or other motocycle related apparel.

ABATE is providing the MRA with space in it's 10'x10' area. There will only be room for one bike. As Louden mentioned, everyone is welcome to enter their bikes in the show. The fee is $40 and the entry form is here - http://www.comotorcycleshowandswap.com/MotorcycleShowEntryForm2013.pdf

We are getting a total of two wristbands and we will be purchasing additional wristbands for volunteers.

Louden
January 11th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Thank you Jim. :D

Peanut_EOD
January 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM
So do you want my 250 there?

JimWilson29
January 25th, 2013, 09:09 AM
So do you want my 250 there?

There is only enough space for one bike and it looks like Louden is using Dennis' Triumph. He will chime in soon to confirm.

Louden
January 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Jim is correct. Dennis jump on the opportunity first and there is only room for one bike. You most certainly could enter it in the Motorcycle show as I suggested above.

phildrummond
January 28th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I can do Saturday 1-5 or 3-7. You pick and I'll show up for the time you've got me down. All my gear is stored but I'd be glad to borrow a blue MRA shirt if there is one.

KFinn
January 28th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I can double up as needed. I was planning on being there Saturday for ABATE already.

Louden
January 29th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Tom #416 your on the schedule for Saturday

Kevin I knew you would be there!

Saturday is all filled up, if anyone would like to cover a Sunday shift please let me know.

Volunteers keep an eye on this forum for more info about the logistics of the Motorcycle Show

I'll be posting up info regarding were we are going to meet and so on here, and if you would rather I call and or email you directly please PM me your contact info.

Thank you everyone for supporting the growth of the MRA

dmart
January 29th, 2013, 05:55 PM
if you need help Saturday Morning so Brownie does not have to be there all day let me know.

Louden
January 29th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Looks like its all filled up for now, but if we need another person I will

Louden
January 31st, 2013, 02:31 PM
Update/Info

For those of you setting up on Friday we will be meeting and Faster Motorsports:

3715 Brighton Blvd
Denver, CO

At 1:30 PM where we will jump into one car and head over with Terry from ABATE

Everyone volunteering for the show note that I will be in the building and I will need you to call me at (719) 580-3856 so I meet with you and show where were setup. Also if your having a hard time finding a place to park and or if they are charging you for parking, I recommend you do so at Faster (Address above) and walk to the Western Complex from there.

I'll see you there.

Louden David

JimWilson29
January 31st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Anyone coming from the south side of town tomorrow to help Louden? I have a motorcycle platform that needs to get to the show.

JimWilson29
February 5th, 2013, 07:45 PM
From Louden-

THANK YOU ABATE OF COLORADO AND THE MRA VOLUNTEERS

The MRA would like to thank ABATE for allowing the MRA to be apart of this huge event.

Thank you to all of the MRA volunteers who supported the growth of the MRA.

NOVICE HOURS LOG 2013 COLORADO MOTORCYCLE SHOW AND SWAP

Jeff Waychoff
John Chadwick
Sam Coleman
Hollywood
Amber Patterson
Brownie
Jim Wilson
Tom Lilly
Michael Barnett
Randall Turner
Drew
Alex Jegge
Eric Becker
Scott Morrison
Kevin Finnegan
Dennis Stowers

All of those listed above have recieved 4 hours towards your novice hours therefore If your name is not included in this public record contact me ASAP.

Fastt Racing
February 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Kevin Finnegan is getting a head start on his novice hours I see. JK guys, It was a great show. Thanks again to the people that donate their preciuos time to helping the MRA keep the word out there.

Thanks a ton Abate for all you do with the MRA!