PDA

View Full Version : Circuit of the Americas track day

Munch
December 20th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Pricey, but they now have them!

June 1 & 2 2013. This is the first known, for me at least, track day available at COT.

http://www.ridesmart.info/

$460 per day.

Jon
December 20th, 2012, 03:03 PM
So who all's going? I'm game I leave late May and have room.

jeff healy
December 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I could be convinced :) My bike would need a ride there and back and I'm guessing you would be back in time for Rd 2!? Remind me when it gets closer! I've hit my head too many times to remember that far in advance :)

fairrpe86
December 20th, 2012, 05:45 PM
That's one spendy trackday!!! But probably worth it.

Jon
December 20th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Please don't say things like that as if you've hit ur head that many times you probably shouldn't be racing.....just use the "I'm a father of a small child" excuse it works even better though with 11 year old twin boys and an crazy x-wife.
Seriously though with the present wife pushing for a European vacation this year a trackday 900 miles away may just be a dream for me. We'll see come summer
Merry Christmas to all!

Jon
December 20th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Please don't say things like that as if you've hit ur head that many times you probably shouldn't be racing.....just use the "I'm a father of a small child" excuse it works even better though with 11 year old twin boys and an crazy x-wife.
Seriously though with the present wife pushing for a European vacation this year a trackday 900 miles away may just be a dream for me. We'll see come summer
Merry Christmas to all!

Jon
December 20th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Merry Christmas to all!

jeff healy
December 21st, 2012, 08:19 AM
Oh yeah err I mean I do have a 6 month old! Much better! lol Merry Christmas Jon and thanks for the words of wisdom!! :)

Fastt Racing
December 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Wow. Jon really wanted to make his point.............3 Times, haha. I am considering a COTA trip or CMRA round as well. Give me a jingle in spring and we'll chat about it guys.

Jon
December 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah apairently my tirets syndroms really starting to kick in.
Seriously though, I'm gonna head to Vegas 2/8-10 for the WERA round or at least the track day and a visit to the girls at Sheri's ranch.

R1-2NV
December 22nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Fucking BS!!!

R1-2NV
December 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Fucking BS!!!

Taxpayer money and now no access! What a joke and we wonder why tracks in the US suffer and don't get built. :cry:
http://jalopnik.com/5970719/austins-circuit-of-the-americas-cancels-track-days-screws-over-racing-fans-everywhere

gsnyder828
December 22nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
F@$king BS!!!

Taxpayer money and now no access! What a joke and we wonder why tracks in the US suffer and don't get built. :cry:
http://jalopnik.com/5970719/austins-circuit-of-the-americas-cancels-track-days-screws-over-racing-fans-everywhere

All that profanity and outrage... :roll: :roll:

Unfortunately reality appears to be a bit different than your claim. No taxpayer $$ went into building the track. The state of Texas agreed to reimburse the F1 sanctioning fee, recognizing the economic impact of F1 on the local economy, but that payment came after completion of the track & the first F1 race.

It's private property, none of us have any right to access.

(that said, I'd love to ride it)

The Forbes article below will give you a good overview on how the funding drama played out...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2012/10/19/wild-ride/

R1-2NV
December 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Sorry if my language offended you :roll:

I was told that it was taxpayer money my mistake however being a privately
owned track doesn't mean its ok to cancel on contracts written and money being cashed by them and then canceling on everyone with days notice.

Still a really big dick move if you ask me and it's going to do nothing but hurt them in the long run

Sorry if the work dick offends you

R1-2NV
December 22nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
Oh and outrage you bet. I was very excited to ride there. Also having such a world class track and not being able to ride it is like going to a strip bar in a blackout. It's such a huge waste IMO

gsnyder828
December 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
You didn't offend me... Takes a lot more than that.

A bit amazed that you feel they have some obligation to us in any way. I'm guessing that anyone who sinks >$50M of their own money into a project, and raises the rest of the $450M through private investors & bonds, has a different perspective on who they owe what to. :wink:

Bummer that the motorcycle day is cancelled in any case.

R1-2NV
December 22nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
I don't feel they owe me anything. At 450 dollars a day and and a line of people ready to pay why not use the track VS letting it set empty. Name one other national track in the US that is closed to people renting it out. Also why take people's money and write contracts to then tell them to pound sand?

Is this a world class race facility or a private country club track? Maybe it's both not sure. Reamember on there own website it says for 50k you can rent the track for a day. So all the sudden a change of heart. I feel there a bit more to the story. Also I don't know of many buisness plans where generating money was frowned apon.

Really strange for sure

R1-2NV
December 25th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Looks like the heat caused a change heart

Circuit of The Americas’ provides updated information on pending track rentals

Circuit of The Americas™ today announced that it would honor track rentals with four organizations that had booked track days and paid rental fees in advance. “We are moving ahead with these agreements and contacting clients so they can share this information with their members and customers,” Circuit spokesperson Julie Loignon said. “The executed rental agreements will limit the number of vehicles we have on track at any given time to ensure a fun and safe experience for participants, including any amateur drivers who will be participating. We regret the confusion that was caused as we worked through these issues with our clients and look forward to providing a one-of-a-kind experience to auto enthusiasts coming to Circuit of The Americas through our track rental program.”

AdamandNoahsdad
December 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM
There was a nice little editorial article in the new issue of Sport Rider magazine that went over some of the details on how COTA treated a man who has given a lot back to this sport. Kevin Schwantz. Even if the place was close by and affordable, I can't say we would ride there. I'm sick of people who feel they can screw over other people all in the name of money. (Don't get me started on land developers in denver building houses on poluted land and soon to be land with undiscovered explosive ordinance just so they can make a pile of money)

trackaddict
December 29th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'm on the Ridesmart waiting list for both days.
If anyone else is already signed up or waiting and would want to truck pool down there in my Cyclone it would help us both out.

And yes there's a lot of BS politics going on with that track but c'mon now it's an awesome circuit and a chance to ride it.