PDA

View Full Version : Weather & HPR winter lapping days

rohorn
December 19th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I was wondering what the average minimum temperature tends to be for enough people to sign up for lapping days during the winter. I really really really need to run out there before April...

pilotbarr
December 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I think we need a high of 50 degrees or better.

One question I have. I signed up and paid $100 for a lapping day that was cancelled. Now I know that I have 100 credit. But how do I sign up for another lapping day and use THAT 100 credit, and not have to pay ANOTHER 100?

That was the week after Thanksgiving. Last time we had temps warm enough. It was warm enough but got cancelled due to lack of sign ups.

rybo
December 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I think we need a high of 50 degrees or better.

One question I have. I signed up and paid $100 for a lapping day that was cancelled. Now I know that I have 100 credit. But how do I sign up for another lapping day and use THAT 100 credit, and not have to pay ANOTHER 100?

That was the week after Thanksgiving. Last time we had temps warm enough. It was warm enough but got cancelled due to lack of sign ups.

Highplains installed a new registration page for people who want to commit to a day using a credit or a lapping day card

http://highplainsraceway.com/lapping-days-credit-form.html

fill that out and they will know that you've signed up.

As far as "how warm does it have to be?" I'm not sure what temperature drives the people away, but anything over 50 degrees and you can at least keep some heat in the tires. I tend not to ride if it's under 50.

MadVlad
December 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hopefully one of the days in these next 2 weeks stay above 50 and mainly with the appreciation day coming up.