PDA

View Full Version : HELP US MAKE BETTER MARKETING/ADVERTISING DECISIONS

Louden
December 18th, 2012, 11:28 PM
HELP US MAKE BETTER MARKETING/ADVERTISING DECISIONS

The MRA is always looking to improve our ability to advertise to our target market; and to do that we need to collect as much data as possible regarding how our community learned about Motorcycle Roadracing in Colorado with the MRA.

If you want to help the MRA please take a moment to post up here the answers to the following questions.

1) In 2012 were you considered a Super Street rider, Novice Racer, Expert Racer, Corner Worker/MRA Staff, Sponsor, or a Spectator?

2) How long have you been apart of the MRA?

3) Which of the following forms of advertising/marketing informed you about the MRA? Select all that apply.

MRA printed media (2 for 1, SuperStreet Brochure, Poster, ect... Which one?)
MRA member referral (If you remember their name please add that info)
Motocycle Shows (If you remember the name of the event please add that)
MRA E-Display (If you know where it was located please add that)
MRA website
CSC forum
Came to an MRA race
Other (Please Explain)

SUPER STREET RACERS

1) How many times have you competed in the SuperStreet class?

2) Are You considering licensing up with the MRA as a racer next year?
- 2b)If not; What is the bigest obstical keeping you from becoming a novice racer with the MRA?

Louden
December 18th, 2012, 11:34 PM
1) in 2012 I was an Expert Racer/MRA Rider Rep

2) I've been competing with the MRA for 3 years
-1 year Super Street (7 classes), 1 year Novice, 1 year Expert.

3) MRA Website/MRA Forums

gsnyder828
December 19th, 2012, 07:27 AM
1. Expert

2. 12 years

3. Printed Media / Came to a race / other**

** Other: Can't recall the name, but back in 99/00 there was a local honda riders email group that some MRA racers posted on. Prehistoric CSC of sorts...

Bueller999
December 19th, 2012, 09:07 AM
1) Expert
2) 4 years over an 8 year span
3) CSC, MRA forum, R2SL, spectating a couple races in 2004 in that order.

KFinn
December 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM
1. Expert

2. I started a novice with a full season in 2010 = 3 complete years

3. Printed Media / Other
Years prior I had heard of a CO Race org but didn't recall name and wasn't ready to race.

In 2008 I took an MRA program from the display rack in Vickery by their service department and then also started talking to Rick Grosse. It took me almost 2 years to get all the funds saved up / gear purchased before I could come out and race.

Chadwick929
December 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
1. Photographer, Super Street, Novice for last round.

2. Off and on for 8 years, cornerworkering, taking pictures.

3. First heard it from Hoopty, so word of mouth and through the CSC Forums.

Biggest obstacle for me to license up was the bike, and the money for the season. I'm finally in a position where I have the money to do it, so I made the commitment.

Wayniac
December 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
2012 novice
2011 2 SS rounds
Printed media, 2010 season program I picked up at Performance Cycle

polar x
December 25th, 2012, 08:00 PM
1. Expert

2. Novice for first 4 races then upgraded to expert with Marks blessings. 8yrs total.

3. Other...decided to buy a track bike and ran into Lurch at PMI. He convinced me to give racing a try.

asp125
December 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM
1) In 2012 were you considered a Super Street rider, Novice Racer, Expert Racer, Corner Worker/MRA Staff, Sponsor, or a Spectator?

Vendor Photographer

3 seasons consecutively

3) Which of the following forms of advertising/marketing informed you about the MRA? Select all that apply.

Crossover from the SCCA. A friend (M. Pettiford of Go4it Racing Schools) ran MRA in the 90s and I spectated a few races at Mt View and 2nd Creek. It wasn't until I quit cars, started riding, and decided to specialize in moto photography that I started coming out seriously. That, and several friends on CSC decided to get into racing.

I think (IMO) the highest impact the MRA has with the general public, are the booths and other "live" events where racers can impart their personal experiences.

Mforza
December 26th, 2012, 10:57 AM
1. Novice :)

2. 4 seasons i think

3. MRA website, CSC forum, in 2007 me and David we started to look for a race club we can start racing in and found MRA online.
Did the school in 2008 and got hooked :)

JWinter
December 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Been racing for 10 years now. Novice for 3 years and expert ever since.

I actually had to do some research to find out what was the local race organization. I wanted to go racing and it was kind of hard to get info back then about the club.

I think those of us that live in areas away from the larger cities get less opportunity for exposure to the club. That is why I carry Super Street flyers in my pick-up, I don't know how many random people I have seen on bikes that I have handed a flyer to.

Jon
December 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Expert racer I started in 1990 after having seen the MRA run through the streets of Stewmboat while living there living the life of a skibum.
Was like pulling teeth to get any info back in those days as the internet was in it's infancy. I know there were many of you who can share me ur email address from those days but I bet there were as many who weren't born either.
The club tries hard but there will always be riders who the club never get to no matter how hard we try

Louden
December 30th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Thank you everyone for helping us collect data to better the MRA

The club tries hard but there will always be riders who the club never get to no matter how hard we try

Your right, and like you said the most important thing is we do try, and with more data hopefully we can reach more and more every year.

That is why I carry Super Street flyers in my pick-up, I don't know how many random people I have seen on bikes that I have handed a flyer to.

Thank you! Word of mouth is currently our most powerful means of marketing to those who are off the beaten path and or do not frequent the locations where we have are marketing materials.

If anyone else is interested in doing the same thing next year please let me know so I can give you marketing materials.

I think (IMO) the highest impact the MRA has with the general public, are the booths and other "live" events where racers can impart their personal experiences.

Were happy to hear everyone's opinions SO LONG AS YOU ANSWER THE QUESTIONS we need to collect the data.

cjmagnuss
January 14th, 2013, 11:23 AM
1. Expert
2. 4 years, 2 Novice partial seasons, 1 full novice season, 1 full expert season
3. Carl and I went to a track day at Pueblo that we found out about from CSC right after he moved out here (2007). Saw number plates, learned about MRA.

phildrummond
January 22nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
1. Slowest Expert
2. 5 years racing partial seasons. Started with corners
3. Guy I bought my first track bike from in Atlanta was from CO. Told me to look up MRA. From there, it was serendipity and the interGoogles that brought us together.

Yeeker
January 22nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
1) Novice Racer

2) 2 yrs

3) MRA member referral (Rybo), CSC forum

Peanut_EOD
January 23rd, 2013, 09:31 PM
1) In 2012 I started as a Novice Racer, and finished the season as an Expert Racer.

2)I have been an MRA member for 1 year.

3) I found out about the MRA in 2011 when I was racing with the CVMA and Tony Baker and Jason "Hammer" Madama came down and kicked our asses.

T Baggins
January 24th, 2013, 12:19 PM
3) I found out about the MRA in 2011 when I was racing with the CVMA and Tony "Honey Badger" Baker and Jason "Hammer" Madama came down and kicked our asses.

**LIKE** :D

1) Expert in 2012

2) Started racing as an Expert with MRA in 1990 after a novice season with AFM in 1989.

3) Knew about MRA because I bought one of Ricky Orlando's prior-year GSXR 750's in 1988 from "Cycles of Boulder".

Back in the day, if you were into sportbikes - you hung out at your local shop at every opportunity - In my case - "Boulder Yamaha". There was no internet or google back then, you really had to WANT to get into racing to get into racing.

My actual introduction to club racing, however, was courtesy of Jim Brewer. I was "dating" a girl (contrary to popular belief, Jim was NOT the girl) who worked at the bookstore at my Junior College in Los Altos, CA. I came in wearing my leather jacket and carrying my helmet. She started talking to me about liking bikes and wanted to go for a ride...

We went out on a date and she started telling me about her friend Jim who raced at Sears Point. She and I went to watch Jim race (this was 1988) and I was hooked and started racing that year. Jim and I have been best buds ever since... My relationship with Kristi, however, didn't even make it to the Banquet that year.

So the best strategy I can think of is having a bunch of hot girls working in retail "singling out" guys with sportbikes and then going to the races with them. Hmmmm... maybe umbrella girls could have a useful purpose after all?

KFinn
January 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Sounds like she was jealous of the relationship you and the 'Spurtsman' had.

AdamandNoahsdad
January 24th, 2013, 06:51 PM
"So the best strategy I can think of is having a bunch of hot girls working in retail "singling out" guys with sportbikes and then going to the races with them."

Tony, that's why we like having you in charge!

About Adam
1) novice in 2012 (hoping for expert by the end of 2013)

2) racing for 1 year, spectating since 2005 (Tony wouldn't let him race in the MRA back then so he had to race supermoto)

3) started hanging out with Brad Hendry and Kevin Mcguire in 2005 and went to watch them race.

Louden
May 6th, 2013, 04:14 AM
We're still collecting Data!

Answer the questions above to help your club. :D

bcmoore
May 6th, 2013, 03:45 PM

In 2012 I did one superstreet that didn't end well.. put it (and myself) back together over the winter and now I'm a Novice for 2013

Not long

Coming from California where trackday providers were abundant I thought the same would be true here. After talking to JP MRA#888 on the Triumph forum, I found out that was not the case. He briefly told me about the MRA which I then found via google.. From there I decided I wanted to make the jump from trackday junkie to racer..

jeff healy
May 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM
1. Expert

2. This will be my 3rd year with the MRA

3. Mark-e-Mark Schellinger talked me into coming down to race with all of you after a few Corona's while I was on my way through Denver on a motorcycle trip! Been the best decision I've ever made!!

TeeNado658
May 16th, 2013, 12:33 PM
A: Spectator

A: 2 months

A: Came to an MRA race (I was driving past PPIR and saw a lot of bikes on trailers getting off the freeway and I followed to see what was going on). After spectating and talking with some racers I was encouraged to check out the MRA online, which I did.