PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Ti

jeff healy
December 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Anybody have a good suggestion of what to use to clean my pipes with?? Other than ex-lax!?!? lol

kitten
December 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
You might try really fine steel wool. Try it in an inconspicuous place.

KFinn
December 14th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Nyles likes to clean his with mud and dirt... maybe a little bit of pavement to rub off the nice coating first.... then coat it in mud and dirt.

:lol:

scott_tiller
December 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't trust Nyles. He likes to clean the inside of his new rims by breaking the spokes in half.

Jon
December 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Boy you guys are a lot of help. Help the fellow out he needs his pipes cleaned.
At 50 I just had mine checked and boy that was alot of fun. All you younguns gotta special surprize comin.

rybo
December 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't trust Nyles. He likes to clean the inside of his new rims by breaking the spokes in half.

Isn't that how he cleans the whole bike?

jeff healy
December 14th, 2012, 04:14 PM
hahaha I should have known better than to ask that question here :) Jon we all feel bad for you but somehow I think you are using that service as a weight saving advantage... no wonder your so fast! And I don't have any intentions of following Nyles' ways because he doesn't know anything about cleaning... thats why he just destroys his parts when they get dirty so he can buy clean new shiney parts :)

Nyles Gourlie
December 14th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I would try to come up with something witty to get back at you guys but eveything you say is ture. lol!!

shRED
December 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I have always been partial to Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. I've had friends that I've converted to Mother's and they all swear by it now. This stuff won't scratch like steel wool.

The key with Mother's is just a little patience. Put it on the area first, then let it just sit there for a while. After sitting for 10 min., put a little more on the rag and really rub it. I have had great luck with this on pretty much all shiny metals.

J

HAMMER
December 15th, 2012, 12:26 PM
mothers metal polish !!!!!! taadaaaa

HAMMER
December 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
i dont see how lettin it sit would even make any diff.. just good ol elbow grease .....rub until the rag starts to get black ( thats the metal weraing off ) then just buff it out with a clean cloth ....i do about 5sq inch at a time and work my way down ..

i use mothers on everything raw metal ( but not cast unless u sand it down with 1000 grit )

HAMMER
December 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
jesus i cant spell!!!! :D

shRED
December 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
It's just a perception that I've had - that it just seems like my elbow grease works better after the agents in the polish have had a chance to activate. The same amount of force after some time seems to do more work than it did at the beginning. Could just be my imagination.

Elbow Grease is definitely a key ingredient. Happy polishing!

J

NossLou
December 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I use mothers as well...but it wont do jack shit on headers that have seriously toasted mud/rain race water on them... I tried it after we had a few rain races a couple years back... I tried brass brushes, steel wool, scoth bright, and finally busted out the 4.5 inch grinder and wire wheel to get most of it off...hell after a season with that baked on on there the first round, they looked like rusted iron headers....

I honestly agree with everyone else and say just pull a Nyles to get it off!

Alex G
December 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Can we just start a few new sections on this forum? One to keep a tab of every time Nyles crashes and all the parts he breaks, and another to for everyone to make fun of him as much as possible. I think it would quickly become the most popular section! :D Sorry Nyles lol.

Fastt Racing
December 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
^ "Dislike" idea.