PDA

View Full Version : Generators

rorlando
September 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
No generators after
10:PM

mkdiehl
September 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Is this a rule suggestion, a demand, or a wish?

And no, Tony, I didn't have any influence on this.

Jon
September 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM
The rule should be "no generators besides Honda, Yamaha and etc. INVERTOR type generators that produce no more than 58 db".
In other words you gotta be able to hear yourself think or with respect to Orlando who needs his 8 hours sleep, respect our ARRP members. :lol:

Kingpin
September 30th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I understand the intent, but as we all know quieter costs more.
No need to penalize those that already seem to be respectful.

Next, some tracks don't even have power hookups (Pueblo) or even enough for all the racers when it's 90+ at night.
Then there's the drags at Pueblo till midnight.:shock:

I don't think the ask is for a quiet hrs curfew, cause if no generators then what is next? No loud music, no yelling, no barking dogs?
In general people want to come and have a good time unwind a bit and have some fun. Perhaps we can suggest that folks with the super loud $100 generators (and they know who they are) to try and be respectful at night.

DOUBLE A
October 1st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Ricky just needs to turn DOWN his beltone :P :lol:

http://cdn.ci4.yp.ca/15279128aa_i.jpg

Jon
October 1st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Really I was kidding as I know that no one can afford a quite generator and trying as I may through the years to get everyone to see the benefits of one that can be used while camping is fallen upon death ears.
Regardless, I think I've done a pretty fine job of helping make the pits a quieter friendlier place through the years by selling my various Honda's at a reasonable cost. I at least can sleep well knowing that I'm not keeping the whole world awake, now if we could make those damn drag racers shut the F^ck up maybe even Orlando would be happy :lol:

Mforza
October 6th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Earplugs :D