PDA

View Full Version : My New Family, The MRA...

aspenbum
September 22nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Well ladies and gents, I have to admit that I am addicted to racing after that SuperStreet Race! Round 7 @ PPIR was my first MRA event and I just wanted to thank everyone involved in the club for being so nice and supportive to me!!! Especially Jeff Brown, Rybo, Stephen & Matt from Dunlop, Jeff Healy!!, Ed & Jessie D., Jim Wilson & T-Bone, and David from 303Cycle!! I didn't bring any gasoline because I assumed that PPIR had some there, and the first person that I met was Rybo and he offered me his gas immediately! I low sided in practice on Friday and snapped an OEM clip-on and a windscreen on my GSXR and was almost out of the SuperStreet race for Saturday, but everyone that I talked to on Friday tried as hard as they could to locate one for me, even calling friends out-of-state who were willing to overnight the parts to me if I needed! Truly amazing sportsmanship and immediate friendship right there!!! I must say that I really felt like a part of your "family" immediately!! Everyone that I met over the weekend was extremely nice and welcoming to me and everyone reinforced the idea of keeping the racing family that you all have created!

I am signing up for the new racer school in April and hope to race every round as a Novice next year! After 27 years of paying cash for everything, I finally applied for my first credit card so that I have a nice safety blanket for my Rookie Race Season!! I will be needing lots of stuff to get me fully prepped for next year but this winter is going to be all about getting ready for next year. I will be doing most of the track days left at HPR and PMP so I can become more familiar with the tracks and get as much practice/seat time as possible! I am not sure if I am going to keep my GSXR and race it or sell it as a street bike and buy someone’s Race Bike that is already hooked-up with parts and is safety wired, a decision I will have to make soon I guess.

So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!!!! for welcoming me into your family and I look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know some of you a little bit better during the 2013 MRA Season!

rybo
September 22nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Welcome Ryan!

Glad to have met you at pikes and looking forward to seeing you around in 2013!

Scott

chris nami
September 23rd, 2012, 01:32 AM
Right on bro!!! Love to have you as
Part of the family!!

Throttleroller277
September 23rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Welcome aboard!!! We hope to have you for a long time. Feel free to hit me up if you need anything!!

jeff healy
September 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Welcome!! And congrats of your finish in super street as well!! Glad we can all help and get you hooked! And I think visa sponsors us all a good majority of the time! Lol

Chadwick929
September 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Glad to see you are making the jump! I'll see you out there next year! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.... and no, you can't have part of my thumb. ;)

d_mob
September 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I finally applied for my first credit card so that I have a nice safety blanket for my Rookie Race Season!!

This wins.

aspenbum
September 24th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I finally applied for my first credit card so that I have a nice safety blanket for my Rookie Race Season!!

This wins.

What does this win?

303 cycle
September 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Glad I could help you out, hell it took me all season to make the last race :lol:

d_mob
September 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM

This wins.

What does this win?

The internets.

TD675
September 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM
You and I talked about this at the last race. I was a little nervous coming into my first SS race at HPR #5 because I know how some clubs can be but the MRA is hands down the best organization that I have been around (and I have been around quite a few).

Everyone is very warm and welcoming and eager to help out. I am very impressed by the company this club keeps. I will be doing my best to run the novice class next year as well, if finances allow. You can be sure to see my face though even if I am not riding.

Thank you for the support, encouragement, and advice from everyone I was able to talk to.

scooter
September 27th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the addiction Ryan! I'll be at HPR on the 8th of Oct if you need help with lines or whatnot. I'm not the fastest but I've been around that track tons. Just come on over we'll be in the carport.

Fastt Racing
September 27th, 2012, 11:18 PM
^ Dude has good lines through 11,12,13 , and also good through 1 at a minimum. Make sure that Scott rides in front of you just in case, LOL. JK Woodall. Have fun y'all.

aspenbum
September 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the addiction Ryan! I'll be at HPR on the 8th of Oct if you need help with lines or whatnot. I'm not the fastest but I've been around that track tons. Just come on over we'll be in the carport.

Thanks man! I will be sure to stop by on Monday @HPR I've only been on that track once and it was my first day back on the bike after my accident, so i wasn't pushing hard at all . I know I need a good line reconstruction there because I am able to ride alot faster now that im completely healed up!

Im on a blue gsxr 600, see you there!