PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Board of Directors Nominations CLOSE October 10th!

JimWilson29
September 21st, 2012, 12:11 PM
Vice President - 2 yr term
Treasurer - 2 yr term
New Rider Director - 2 yr term
Vice President of Rules and Tech -1 yr
(4) Four Rider Representatives - 1 yr

The Vice President and the VP of Rules and Tech positions can be held by riders or non-riders.

The Treasurer position is a non-riding position as the duties associated carry through both race days.

The New Rider Director and Rider Representative positions must be held by racers so that they may maintain the rider's perspective, teach and coach throughout the season.

Anyone can be nominated by any MRA Member, but the nominee MUST become an MRA member before accepting the nomination. Nominations will CLOSE at the next General Meeting on October 10, 2012 and ballots will go out shortly thereafter.

We will continue with more clearly defined roles of Rider Reps moving forward. In addition to being a "voice" of the racing membership, there are 4 distinct "Rider Rep Positions" and specific responsibilities that come with each:

Rulebook - responsible for knowing rulebook inside and out, compiling new rule suggestions, coordinating and conducting rulebook committee meeting, and then presenting committee recommendations to the Board. Also requires making edits, corrections, etc... to rulebook as necessary, and then preparing rulebook text for the publishing company as per their guidelines. The majority of the work in this position occurs "off season".

Trophy - responsible for contacting existing and prospective trophy sponsors to ensure classes are sponsored for race season. Must negotiate sponsorships, giving first right of refusal to returning class sponsors. Prepares and delivers invoices to trophy sponsors, and provides ongoing contact with trophy sponsors as necessary. Also responsible for contracting, ordering, and delivering trophies to MRA events and banquet. The workload for this position is fairly evenly spread throughout the calendar year.

Public Relations/Events - responsible for heading up and coordinating local/regional PR events with members and volunteers. Orders flyers, staff's events (bike nights, dealership open houses, etc...), posts on other club sites, communicates with Board regarding marketing expenditures, etc... This is NOT a one-man-band position. It requires someone who can coordinate and motivate members to attend various functions and keep tabs on ALL PR events to be sure the MRA is properly represented. This position requires attention and effort throughout the calendar year.

Press / Contingency - responsible for sending out results press releases immediately following the race weekend, primarily to Roadracing World and other race oriented magazines/websites. Updates and maintains the MRA Hotline, collects the mail from the Post Office, and cross-posts relevant information to other club sites as necessary. This position also assists the Vice President with contingency duties including contacting current and prospective contingency sponsors to ensure continued support in next season, phone and e-mail work to confirm forms, payouts, etc..., and assists in timely filing of contingency forms throughout the season. The workload for this position is year-round, but the heaviest load is immediately preceding, and during the race season.

Nominations for Rider Rep need NOT include a specific position during the nomination - HOWEVER - if you accept a nomination for Rider Rep, you must specify at least one, but not more than two positions that you'd like to be considered for. For example "I'd like to be considered for the Rulebook or Trophy positions."

JimWilson29
September 21st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Nominations so far:

Vice President

Jim Wilson - Accepted
Bob Tabor - Accepted

Treasurer

Lisa Gaimara - Declined
Rachael Zell - Accepted
Chris Sorensen - Declined

New Rider Director

Jeff Brown - Accepted

VP of Rules and Tech

HOT Carl Sorensen - Accepted

Rider Rep Rulebook

Shannon Moham - Accepted
Mike Applehans - Declined

Rider Rep Press & Contingency

Scott Rybarik - Accepted
Kevin "Ginger" Finnegan - Accepted
Samantha Coleman - Accepted

Rider Rep Trophies

Aaron Fisk - Accepted
Peter Tabor - Accepted

Rider Rep PR/Events

Louden David - Accepted
"Slo" Jay Powell - Accepted

Bueller999
September 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM
I'd like to nominate Jay (Slo) Powell for rider rep

sneakyhonda
September 22nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
I'd like to nominate Jay (Slo) Powell for rider rep also =)

Wayniac
September 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
I also nominate Mr. Slo Powell.

MadVlad
September 22nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
+1 on Slo.

EdDuenez
September 22nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Jay (Slo) Powell...!!!!
For RIDER REP!!!!!!!!

Slo
September 22nd, 2012, 10:58 PM
First off, thank you to those that have confidence and trust in my abilities in representing the MRA.

I'd like to accept the nomination and would like to run specifically for Rider Rep; PR/Events.

JWinter
September 23rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Please remember that the listed responsibilities for each rider rep position is just one specific responsiblity to that rep. Other responsibilities exist as a rider rep, for example: helping new racers with learning the basics, race day functions, mentoring, ect.. Be sure that those who except these nominations understand the amount of experience needed for the job and that enthusiasm alone may not cut it. Jeff

Kingpin
September 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Members,

I accept the nomination for MRA rider rep trophies.
I look forward to providing support in the 2013 season.

Regards,
Aaron Fisk # 125

sheispoison
September 26th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I had a great time doing this job this season and graciously accept the nomination for the VP of Rules and Tech job for 2013.
Thank you,
Carl

KFinn
September 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I am honored for the nomination for Rider Rep Press & Contingency and humbly accept. Thank you. If elected, I look forward to helping benefit the MRA in any and all ways possible.

jeff healy
September 28th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I would like to nominate Sam Coleman for the rider rep position of press and contingency! No offense Ginger! lol

amber777
September 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I think Sam would make a great rider rep for press and contingincey
I would like to nominate Sam Coleman for the rider rep position of press and contingency! No offense Ginger! lol

T Baggins
October 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Lisa Gaimara nominated Rachael Zell for Treasurer. It is reflected above.

peteyt328
October 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
I'd like to nominate Mr. Bob Tabor for VP.

sheispoison
October 2nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
I'd like to nominate Chris Sorensen for treasurer.

cjmagnuss
October 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
I'd like to nominate Chris Sorensen for treasurer.

Was just made aware that the treasurer is not a riding position, so I'll have to decline... I'll have to find somewhere else to be "Nucky".

I would like to nominate Mike Applehans for rider rep. Rulebook is probably the best fit but any position will do.

Blondieonabike
October 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the nomination for Treasurer, I am very grateful to be given such an opportunity to serve the MRA and graciously accept.

BobT0420
October 4th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I accept the nomination for VP.

Bob Tabor

Louden
October 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
After careful condsideration: I accept the nomination for Marketing and PR

Stubs
October 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I nominate Pete Tabor for rider rep trophies.

Zach Shearon

girlducrider
October 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I accept rider rep, media and press, he he!

girlducrider
October 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM

Thanks Healy :)

peteyt328
October 10th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I accept the nomination for Rider Rep - Trophies. I would also like to nominate Rybo for Rider Rep - Press and Contingency. Thanks!

hcr25
October 10th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I respectfully decline the nomination for rider rep. I plan on racing the
Pikes Peak International Hill Climb again in 2013. It has been scheduled on June 30th which conflicts with the Pueblo round. This year one of the hill climb practice weekends was also on a MRA weekend.
If elected I don't think it would be right to miss one maybe two MRA rounds to race somewhere else as a board member.
Mike Applehans