PDA

View Full Version : Attention Novice Racers!... A good thing :)

Throttleroller277
August 27th, 2012, 07:30 PM
This should go without saying, but i wanted to throw this out there:

At each and every round, I am available during practice to help out on the race track, and throughout the day, my door is always open for help and advise off the track as well.

So with that being said, I am going to extend my hand out to all Novices at PPIR on Friday before the next race. I will be doing this at 100% my cost, out of pocket, and at no expense to the MRA.

If you would like help on the track, we can ride, I'll ride all day. We can draw corners, and discuss "racecraft", etc, when off the track.

Obviously if there are 20 people that hit me up, then we'll have to do some group work, but we'll figure it out.

So hit me up!! I look forward to it.

If you have questions feel free to call me 303-210-0425, or post up here.

~Brownie

8)

Teach
August 27th, 2012, 11:28 PM
That's real cool that you're willing to give your time and funds to help racers become better riders! Shows how much you care about the program and its development.
Take advantage of this offer guys! If you don't I will!

Sprtbkbabe
August 28th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Brownie, you just ROCK!

Is this open to even expert plates, too? Even the seasoned riders need refreshers

They tend to do some stupid shit, too... oh, like trying to get back into the race line from the dirt off they just made IN FRONT of a racer as she goes through.

Or pushing a racer off line thru the chicanes in T14-T15

Another is a white plated bike running thru the pits at 40+ mph

Just giving instances :)

No racer #'s have been provided to protect the innocent, but they know who they are [-X

motolitho
August 28th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I have to say that I saw a someone (unnamed) roll through the pits (ours) heading really fast towards Moham's pit full of kids. I occasionally bring my 3 year old out and just hate to see that. :evil:

Snowman
August 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I saw the same from an expert racer, blowing into the pits at least 40mph+ on Sunday.

These incidences are not specific to any one group of racers, Novice or otherwise. We all screw up from time to time. However, I think we need someway to keep track of these incidences so we can know who is doing what and when and is a pattern is emerging.

If there is a rider whose name keeps coming up then that rider needs to be talked to, in order to find out what is going on. It could be a simple training issue they are unfamiliar with and they didn’t even know it was an issue.

Throttleroller277
August 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
If anyone witness' a rider speeding in the pits, especialy 40mph, please feel free to say something to ANY Board Member, and we will address them. Not just keep an eye them,..... we will address them ASAP.

Snowman
August 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM
That indecent was reported to a corner worker and I think Rayray talked with him.

aspenbum
August 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Will they let unlicensed Superstreet riders run on friday? If so, i would love some instructions from you Jeff!

Fastt Racing
August 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Yes. PPIR is open trackday to anyone with a motorcycle.

Throttleroller277
August 28th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Will they let unlicensed Superstreet riders run on friday? If so, i would love some instructions from you Jeff!

We can turn some laps!

I'm thinking we can do some classroom instruction type stuff during the lunch break too.

TRK
August 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Brownie you are onto something.

Hit me up and I will give some limited help.

spideyrdr
August 29th, 2012, 08:06 AM
It's awesome to see you senior racers offering up some of your valuable time and reinforcing what this club is about. Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Jamie

Smitty
August 29th, 2012, 01:59 PM
If my bike it in proper working order I'd like to join you that day and work on a few things.

jeff healy
August 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I would offer the same as Shannon. Planning on riding all afternoon and would be glad to help out although I'm considerably slower than Brownie and Shannon :)

aspenbum
September 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM

We can turn some laps!

I'm thinking we can do some classroom instruction type stuff during the lunch break too.

That is really awesome of you! This will be my first time around PPIR and so any help is much appriciated!