PDA

View Full Version : ALL CORNER CREW!

KipBook
March 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM
As some of you may already know, there is a strong possibility that I may be transferred by my employer to Phoenix, AZ. If this happens, I will not be able to act as the Head Corner Marshal for the upcoming season.

With that being said, I am asking all of you to decide who should take my place. I feel it should be up to the crew, but the final decision will ultimately fall on Tim and Glenn.

Again, this is a precautionary effort, in case I do move. I won't find out for sure if I'm moving for at least a month so when I find out, you guys will be the first to know. (well, besides my wife anyways.)

I'm sorry for the bad news, and I will keep you apprised.

Kip

Kickstand
March 4th, 2007, 02:13 PM
is anyone else qualified... except maybe Lincoln? but isnt he racing this year?

Timmay!
March 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
There are several people who are qualified. I just need to know who is interested.

KipBook
March 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Like Tim said there are many people that are qualified for Head Marshal, I can think of four off the top of my head that are even more qualified than I am. I'll name names if anybody cares, but these four people are either not wanting to do the job, or have plans to race a bit or the whole season and wouldn't be able to devote the attention the position requires.

And incidentaly, Yes.. Lincoln will likely be racing. And I'm sure he could handle the job but he knows racing will keep him tied up.

PS. Even if I do move, I will be back to visit from time to time, especially when our new track is opened!

Timmay!
March 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I bet a carefully placed call by a Detective, to an asphalt boss, regarding alleged sexual misconduct would cancel that move to AZ, and keep you around... :twisted:

glenngsxr
March 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Why Timmay I think your right. Maybe then Kip wouldn't be so ANAL about how the corner worker system is run. Catch my drift?

Kickstand
March 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM
You guys are so horrible!!!! Cant wait to see yall again next month..

Lurch
March 6th, 2007, 10:33 AM
To let everyone know I'm thinking of taking this job I just can't commit at this time. I'm without employment right now so I have to wait and see until I find a job and what my hours will be. I hope I'm one of the 4 that are qualified.

Lurch

yzfr1grl
March 6th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Kip, that sucks!! I hope it doesn't happen! I was hoping to do quite a bit more corner working for you this year! But I will probably still do it regardless of who takes the job!

Timmay!
March 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
But I will probably still do it regardless of who takes the job!

I am not as cuddly as Kip, but I think you will find me very easy to work with...

Timmay!
March 6th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I hope I'm one of the 4 that are qualified.
Lurch, I'm not sure if you are familiar with one of Kip's lesser known, and more unpleasant job duties... key words: "foot masseuse."
Bearing that in mind, are you qualified?

Kickstand
March 7th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Lurch I love working with you.... I hope you can do it!!!

March 8th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Lurch makes baby Jesus cry :mrgreen:

Hotrod
March 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Well...

I did purchase a sv and do plan on racing this year.
That being said, at this point I plan on running Sportsman, and possibly a Saturday endurance, if I am not so slow as to be a hazard to myself and others...
I am not even sure that a full season will be financially viable.
Timmay, Glen and Ralph have all managed to set a precedent of successfully
combining a limited race schedule along with fantastic performance of their respective trackside duties... I do not mean to say that I am as experienced as this impressive trio, however I am pointing out that it can be done.

I am hugely honored that my name has even been mentioned in this topic, and were the job to be offered to me I would accept with pride.
I love this club, and will serve it in what ever manner I am able... Regardless of whether or not I am offered the position of HCM.

VOTE FOR PEDRO!!!

Captain 11
March 11th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I second on the nod to the hotrod :!:

Captain 11
March 11th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I also think lurch is MORE than qualified for the job also. The MRA will be in good hands no matter who gets the job :!:

Timmay!
March 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
As of now the job is Kip's. Until he tells me he is leaving, I am not going to be too concerned about finding a replacement.
If that is required, I too feel that either Lurch or Lincoln would be excellent choices.

rforsythe
March 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Well...

I did purchase a sv and do plan on racing this year.
That being said, at this point I plan on running Sportsman, and possibly a Saturday endurance, if I am not so slow as to be a hazard to myself and others...
I am not even sure that a full season will be financially viable.
Timmay, Glen and Ralph have all managed to set a precedent of successfully
combining a limited race schedule along with fantastic performance of their respective trackside duties... I do not mean to say that I am as experienced as this impressive trio, however I am pointing out that it can be done.

I am hugely honored that my name has even been mentioned in this topic, and were the job to be offered to me I would accept with pride.
I love this club, and will serve it in what ever manner I am able... Regardless of whether or not I am offered the position of HCM.

VOTE FOR PEDRO!!!

For what it's worth... *I* felt that my ability to do my job was compromised by also trying to race, even just once or twice a weekend. Where and how that reflected to the rest of you I don't know, but it stressed the hell out of me and made it hard to completely focus on either one. In retrospect I don't think I'd try to combine the two again. It can be done, and maybe Glenn/Tim are better at successfully mixing the two, but I think attempting it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Now I also had constant bike issues which didn't help things, but both racing and heading up a great crew like this require one to be on top of things mentally, and it was nearly a conflict of interest in that regard. If you're going to head a track safety crew and race, don't expect to race seriously...

Just offering some perspective as someone who's been there.

KipBook
March 15th, 2007, 10:27 PM
WOW! I didn't think my announcement would create such an uproar! As it stands now, I do NOT have the job in Phoenix, BUT... I have yet to interview for it either. They changed the way I would get this job. At first they were just going to have me jump right into it, but the company policy crap says they have to post it internally and when they did I got some competition. So now I have to "earn" the position. I admit that I want it, the pay would be great and my wife is applying for a promotion that also happens to be in Phoenix.

Tim, I think your little "phone call" about sexual harassment missed its mark! They fired the Western Region Asphalt QC Manager (a six figure income position) for sexual harassment instead! --- Word to the wise, never WRITE a suggestive comment about a female co-worker when the one your sending it to can cc the email to half the company!

I mentioned it before, and I'll mention it again: If I move to Phoenix, the MRA is going to be one of the thing I'll miss the most. This isn't going to be the easiest thing for me to do. I will let you all know as soon as I do! (matter of fact, odds are I'll post it here before I tell my own Mother. You guys will be easier to deal with! :wink:

Hotrod
March 16th, 2007, 10:22 AM
For what it is worth, I hope with all of my heart that you stay.
I think that you do a superb job as HCM, and doubt that anyone could do you any justice trying to fill those enormous flippers you call shoes... Both figuratively and literally! :D

I also would miss you as a friend immensely. I understand that you have to do what is best for you and your family, however... out of selfish reasons alone, I hope you get a great promotion here!

Ralph, thanks for your input! That is not the kind of extra load that I would want to take on for the hell of it, I was merely expressing the fact that were the club to arrive at a point that they needed me in that capacity, I would be willing to make some sacrifices to ensure that everyone can continue to enjoy a dangerous sport under somewhat safer circumstances.

We have been facing a dire shortage of cornerworkers as of late, and losing guys of Kip and Jeffs caliber hurts monstrously!
It would feel selfish to me to sit in my pit and bitch about the lack of cornerworkers, if there was a way that I could help. We need to keep the old growth to train the new growth.
If I am needed, I will be there.