PDA

View Full Version : *Junior Mini Moto Race Class in 2013*

MiniMoto
August 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Rocky Mountain Mini Moto is adding another fun race day for kids on Sept 30th

Gates open at 830. Arrive before 9am . Kids practice to follow.

If you have a son or daughter who enjoys cruising on their 50cc in the pits, but wants to do a track day, we have the perfect venue.

Action Karting is hosting 3 (4 lap) race sessions for kids 13 and under for $25 per rider.

All that is required is a helmet, gloves, over the ankle boots, and full sleeves and pants. Knee and elbow guards are recommended.

We are keeping the bike requirements fairly open, as not to exclude anyone.

10 or 12 inch wheels and a 50cc 2-stroke or 100cc 4-stroke, KLX 110 or similar.

Email to register or with any questions
Chris
admin@rmminimoto.com

AdamandNoahsdad
August 13th, 2012, 09:38 PM
We are in! This will be great! Adam already has his fake I.D. and a small bore kit for the 65 is on order! He is excited to finally be racing with someone his own size.

MiniMoto
August 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Nice, Mike.
We'll be sure to check those IDs at the gate.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 3rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Chris, we rounded up some extra knee and elbow pads and we have 2 pairs of motocross boots size 9 and size 7, a couple of chest protectors (for some reason my kids always ended up sliding on their stomachs when they were little) and Adams old pair of supermoto leather gloves size 7. I know we have a couple of smaller motocross helmets and goggles and we should have a few pairs of motocross pants around here somewhere if I can find them. The kids raced supermoto in motocross gear for a few years because leathers are expensive and I couldn't afford a new set every other month or so because kids grow like weeds, so most of our older gear is motocross gear. It seemed to hold up well enough crashing on pavement because kids don't usually crash at very high speeds (or maybe my kids were just slow!) We are really looking forward to this because it will be great to see younger kids getting a chance to race on pavement. Hopefully, we will get quite a few kids who want to try it out.

If there is anyone in the MRA who has children who can ride and want to try road racing, this is a great opportunity to let them find out how much fun it can be. If anyone has a kid that can ride ,but needs gear, or a bike or helmet to use for this race, post up and we will see what we can do to get them out there racing.

HAMMER
September 4th, 2012, 09:58 AM
im bringing 2 little bikes ( crf88 auto clutch and a pw 50 single speed ) both fitted w/ tt91 gp road tires :D

N1K
September 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
My son would love to this!! All we have is moto gear and bike though so he would need some help there forsure.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
N1K
How old is your son? What bike does he have? My kids crashed in moto gear on pavement for quite a few years before finally getting leathers last year. If he is young and slow he should be fine in moto gear. Knobbies should be ok too unless he is really fast.

N1K
September 5th, 2012, 06:51 PM
His 11 and has a cr50
No chest protector though just pants boots helmet gloves
Hes not real fast or all that much experience I havent been able to take him much and we dont know anyone for him to ride with or all that many places to take him. He loves doing it though.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
We have a couple of chest protectors and some knee pads and elbow pads he can use. You should bring him out there! He will have fun.
Its actually kind of sad how few kids are involved in road racing in colorado. We have a pretty good group of adult road racers, but the opportunities for kids to road race are kind of slim. Other parts of the country (and europe) have fantastic kids road racing opportunities. They are growing tomorrows champions today. We need to start helping to supply those champions.

Besides, its fun watching kids race.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
We have a couple of chest protectors and some knee pads and elbow pads he can use. You should bring him out there! He will have fun.
Its actually kind of sad how few kids are involved in road racing in colorado. We have a pretty good group of adult road racers, but the opportunities for kids to road race are kind of slim. Other parts of the country (and europe) have fantastic kids road racing opportunities. They are growing tomorrows champions today. We need to start helping to supply those champions.

Besides, its fun watching kids race.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 5th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Sorry about the multiple posts. This stupid android phone sucks! I miss my Blackberry.

N1K
September 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
He will most defeintly be out there!! Im unsure if I will be able to get out of work but I'll get him there forsure.
How much would tires be to remove the knobbies?

AdamandNoahsdad
September 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM
If you shop around $40 to $60 per tire plus mounting. They should last multiple years. Don't forget, you need to send someone who is a legal guardian or parent to be able to sign the waiver. Just call in sick. Your kid is more important. Let me know if I can help in any way.

jmaher
September 6th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Where can one get appropriate tires? Trying to get a bike worked for a 10 y/o.

thanks,

Joe

Fastt Racing
September 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Hey Joe. I'm not sure about anywhere in Co Springs. Call Steele Cycle in Lakewood to see if he has any 12" Dunlop 91's left or new 92's. If you have a random 50cc unit it should be 12" wheels right?

AdamandNoahsdad
September 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM
The crf50 has 10 inch wheels. I would try calling performance cycle or a close Honda dealership.

Or just run it on knobbies. He needs to learn how to slide it around anyway.

jmaher
September 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM
It's a KLX110 with 12 and 14 inch tires. Probably just run the knobbies.

Joe

AdamandNoahsdad
September 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM
There are no sticky 14 inch tires. You would have to lace up a 12 inch rim and tire.

HAMMER
September 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
steels has a few 12 left and a few 10 left

AdamandNoahsdad
September 18th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Well, since the MRA race season is over it looks like we have only two mini races left this year. Then its time to take all of the bikes apart and fix everything.
Don't forget the kids race this weekend at Bandimere. If you enjoyed your MRA race season and want to let your son or daughter experience the thrill of motorcycle road racing, this is the perfect chance. If you need any help getting them out there, post up or pm me and we will see what we can do to help. A few people have extra bikes and gear available.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 19th, 2012, 04:18 PM
It looks like we will have extra bikes. Any one else want to ride?

polar x
September 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hammer mentioned I could borrow one of his bikes for Hunter. I sent him a PM to confim it. that being said, if its not available, what is available for a 9yr boy? He has the mx gear.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
if it is not available, I believe a few other bikes are available. I believe James Tittle has an xr50 that may still be available.

d_mob
September 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM
if it is not available, I believe a few other bikes are available. I believe James Tittle has an xr50 that may still be available.

You'll have to pick it up at a predetermined location as I don't think Tittle is legally allowed around children.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Is that why he keeps asking if Adam can have a "sleep over"?

AdamandNoahsdad
September 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
I hope everyone had fun today. It was nice seeing so many kids out there. Sorry the 80 decided to die and leave someone with out a ride. Who ever heard of a flywheel going bad?
Only one more race left this year, then its all over.

HAMMER
September 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
lots of fun today!!!! the kids did AWESOME!!!!!! props to cooners lil one on my supped up 88cc (honda 50) and kickin everyones but:/......haha and thankx to bobby b and the persian for lettin me "try out" ther nsr50 and nsr65s.... HELL OF A GOOD F5 RACE!!!!!! wew last lap.... last few corner pass for the win on a loner bike.... good ride adam!!!!!! and B too ( fkn cheeter bike )...

might be a kid race next weekend also... will se and let ya know!!!!

im spent!!!! :D

AdamandNoahsdad
September 24th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Just got the email from Chris. The kids race is on again for next weekend!

polar x
September 24th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Big thanks to Hammer for the supped up 50...Hunter loved it :!: :!:
Glad to see there is one more.....Ummmm Hammer???? can we can we can we???? :wink:

Seriously, was a great event with the kids. I dont see how you ride those little things without getting cramped up. Makes the TZ seem like a goldwing.

If we can get a bike again, we will be back out for sure on sunday!!!

Hammer, I need your beer preference please. Cold and wet wont be an appropriate answer. 8)

HAMMER
September 25th, 2012, 10:17 AM
cold wet and not bud light or coors ( avery white rascle, stella, ipa ) :D

and ya cooner.. the kid can use the 88 again :D

did ya see the pic of hunter yet ??? check rmp

small bikes BIG FUNNNNN!!!! im soar from wadding it up in practice :?

polar x
September 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockymtnphotos2012/8018214935/in/set-72157631608572050

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockymtnphotos2012/8018454724/in/set-72157631609052296

Very cool....He matched the bike perfectly. 8) 8)

jbrowning
September 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/jimb63/8018214935_7e488490d7.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/jimb63/8018454724_2eb9dc0185.jpg

AdamandNoahsdad
September 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM
We will bring our spare gear again if anyone needs it. Unfortunately the spare bike won't be making it.

AdamandNoahsdad
September 30th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I missed the last kids race while we were bending Adam's bike back into shape. How did it go? How did that one kid liked the borrowed KTM? That was definately cool that he got to borrow it. I hope he liked it.

Thanks again to everyone who helped us out this year! We had fun.

AdamandNoahsdad
October 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I just got an update via facebook that said the kids class is a go next year. Thanks to everyone who brought their kids out and had a good time. Keep your eyes on the web site as I'm sure Chris will be posting up rules for the kids class. We can't have an 8 year old running around on Brendan's 40 hp cheater bike now can we? We are also looking at a separate pit area for Tittle for legal reasons that we can't discuss. And no, he won't be allowed to bring his "free candy" van.

*just kidding Brendan. We all know that your bad ass CRF150R isn't really a cheater bike and it really only makes 39hp not 40hp. Also, for the record James Tittle was a big help to us this year for helping us get a better understanding about suspension setup.

HAMMER
October 11th, 2012, 09:22 PM
SILVER FOX!!!!! :lol: HIDE YOUR KIDS!!

AdamandNoahsdad
November 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Chris has assured me that he will be posting the kids class rules on the web site tonight.

AdamandNoahsdad
November 3rd, 2012, 07:23 AM
The rules are posted and Christmas is coming. Start getting your rugrats some bikes and let them see how much fun you have when you go racing.

HAMMER
November 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
yes yes yes :D

AdamandNoahsdad
November 3rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Hammer, I still have your trophies at the shop.

HAMMER
November 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM
shit i didnt even know they where there... ill come by today!!!!
:D :D :D

AdamandNoahsdad
November 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Don't come by today. We're closed.

HAMMER
November 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
motorcycle mondays!!!!! whoops

AdamandNoahsdad
November 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hammer. You should post this here. It appears to be legal for the kids class.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3390176018.html

AdamandNoahsdad
December 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Ok parents, the RMMM schedule is posted on the web site. Its time to start getting junior prepped for next year.

Uuhh. ....never mind. I guess its not posted yet. Its just in a top secret email.

MiniMoto
December 17th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Bandimere schedule will be posted tonight. Planned IMI race dates will be included also.

MiniMoto
December 17th, 2012, 07:22 PM
2013 Race Schedule

Race 1 - May 19 - (B)
Race 2 -June 2 (B)
Race 3 - June 23 (B)
Race 4 - July 14 - IMI - To be confirmed
Race 5 - July 28 - IMI - To be confirmed
Race 6 - Aug 18 (B)
Race 7 - Sept 8 (B)
Race 8 - Sept 22 (B)

AdamandNoahsdad
December 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Woo hoo! I can't wait for next race season!
Will the IMI rounds include both the kids class and the 17 inch class?

MiniMoto
December 18th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Mike,
Due to time, we can't run the 17" and the Juniors. Unless we pay for another hour on the track. 30 riders is the magic number for IMI

AdamandNoahsdad
December 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Chris,
If we can get those dates at IMI at least the kids will enjoy "the big track" for a couple of races. I can't wait to see the kids racing again next season. Its nice, finally, not having the youngest and smallest racers out there.

AdamandNoahsdad
April 30th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Its that time again!
It looks like a bunch of people will be getting together to have a track day on Sunday 5/5 at Bandimere. Race season starts soon! If any of you are thinking about trying Mini Moto or getting your kids involved in racing this is a good chance to check things out. There were quite a few kids in the new kids class last year and I know we have a few more that will be joining us this year.

HAMMER
April 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
:D