PDA

View Full Version : Need help to build starter :)

Mforza
August 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM
After pushstarting my bike for the whole weekend I realized I need a starter :D

Basicaly I need someone to help me somehow extend the shaft on a small 7hp engine that I have and mount gokart wheel to it.

Anyone here can make the extension with the flange on the end?
Or maybe weld something on the shaft?

Thx for any help!

rybo
August 10th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Martin,

Why not build an axle for the wheel that you're trying to use and then use a belt and pulley to drive it off of the 7hp engine?

No need to modify the engine and probably a favorable result as the belt will take some of the shock loading off of the crankshaft of the starter engine when you drop the clutch on the Skorpian?

s

Mforza
August 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Martin,

Why not build an axle for the wheel that you're trying to use and then use a belt and pulley to drive it off of the 7hp engine?

No need to modify the engine and probably a favorable result as the belt will take some of the shock loading off of the crankshaft of the starter engine when you drop the clutch on the Skorpian?

s

Did not think about it that way :)

Will have to do some reserch if they make pulley for this engine.
Then maybe use an old gokart axle for the wheel?

Fastt Racing
August 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM
+1 for rybo. Smart guy. Also, just put the starter back on it, it's worth the 4lbs, haha.

Mforza
August 10th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I can't put it back on :(
Different crankshaft, so it will not work.

Scored51
August 27th, 2012, 08:46 PM
...just put the starter back on it, it's worth the 4lbs, haha.

Ah, silly Triumph rider. They didn't put starters on bikes made in East Germany. It just would have been too easy to make a quick escape!

Mforza
August 31st, 2012, 03:38 PM
...just put the starter back on it, it's worth the 4lbs, haha.

Ah, silly Triumph rider. They didn't put starters on bikes made in East Germany. It just would have been too easy to make a quick escape!

:lol: :lol: