PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Tech Nerds?

T Baggins
August 6th, 2012, 12:32 PM
anybody out there have a connection to "unlock" an iphone from Verizon so it can go to another carrier?

DOUBLE A
August 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
How hard could it be? :lol:

http://www.nicecans.co.uk/images/iwrench_4.jpg

Smitty
August 6th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I used to have an iPhone and I loaded the "jailbreak" software on it. This of course was a few versions back. I don't know about the newer iphones but I know then it depended on which phone you had and the version running on it. Which one do you have and what software version are you running? I can probably find some jailbreak software that will work.

T Baggins
August 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM
It's for a friend... I'm not smart enough to use an iphone. Lemme check and see what version.

rforsythe
August 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Which carrier are you trying to go to? It's usually not that simple, as iPhone cell chips are specific to one kind of technology i.e. GSM which works on AT&T or T-Mobile, or CDMA which works on Verizon and I don't believe any others out here.

Bhoppy
August 22nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Hey Tony, one of our EMT's, Stephen Murphy (he has worked the races down at PPIR) is a part time iPhone mechanic... He is the one to get a hold of... I will be at HPR this weekend I will give you his number, just remind me :D

T Baggins
August 22nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks Hoppy!

Bhoppy
August 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Murphy will be there Sunday, he may be able to work on it then, unless we have to actually work... You know how much we like to work right...