PDA

View Full Version : Online streaming video capture??? I need some help!

sheispoison
August 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
So, there's a few of us in the club that are running the Pikes Peak Hill Climb next week and the organizers are filming the whole race. There'll be cameras on the course as well as helicopter footage, but it's not actually getting aired live on television. They are however going to stream it all live on there website. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how to capture/record live streaming video off the website and might want to grab the video footage for me. Let me know. Thanks!!
carl

Fastt Racing
August 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
My brother has some sweet screen shot capture equipment for training purposes that would probably work sweet, even if they have some encription things in place. It works to record the video and sound, to sync everything. I'll hit him up and see what is needed for you.

d_mob
August 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
So, there's a few of us in the club that are running the Pikes Peak Hill Climb next week and the organizers are filming the whole race. There'll be cameras on the course as well as helicopter footage, but it's not actually getting aired live on television. They are however going to stream it all live on there website. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how to capture/record live streaming video off the website and might want to grab the video footage for me. Let me know. Thanks!!
carl

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=online+streaming+video+capture

... Walked right into that one :roll:

sheispoison
August 3rd, 2012, 07:12 PM
So, from what I had already read on the internet wizardry that is Google (thanks Dave, dick). Is that most of the "simple free anyone can do this shit" are pretty unreliable and not very good. That's why I asked if anyone knew a good way to do it. I guess I should've asked for a "proven" way to do it.
Thanks Dennis, I'll be curious to hear what he recommends.