PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Age Unknown

shRED
July 25th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Gents:

Quick question on helmets. I have a Shoei CX-1 helmet in good condition. It has a Snell M2000 certification on it, but I cannot find the manufacture date. My reading of Section 5.1A seems to indicate it must have both the Snell specification and a manufacture date within 5 years of March (or so) 2011, so say March of 2006. If there isn't a manufacture date, will this helmet (and its rider) be denied the ability to race in Superstreet?

I think I might have a backup lined up, but will see.

Is it too late to enter for Superstreet on Sat.?

Thanks!

Jason

rybo
July 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Jason,

It's not too late to enter the race, please consider signing up soon so that our New Rider Director can be sure to have instructors lined up for the day!

The helmet-

The CX-1 (as far as I know) was a visor type designation, not a helmet designation.

The CX1 visor was used on RF1000 and X11 helmets, both of which have production dates both inside and outside of the 5 year cutoff.

Shoei production dates are on a label attached to the inside of the helmet beneath the inner liner. Remove the padding to find the sticker.

Hope that helps

Scott

shRED
July 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Aha! I had found that tag but couldn't understand what 001122 could mean for the Production Number. Shit! From Shoei's website that means it was made 11/22/00. Crap! OK I'm not going to have a helmet in time. That settles it.

Thanks Rybo!

shRED
July 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I had a backup in the garage from when I bought a bike a couple years ago, January of 2007! Wahoo!

J

rybo
July 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
We have some great Class Sponsors that sell helmets if you need a new one.

To name a few that aren't too far from you:

Performance Cycle
Fay Myers
Vickery
Coyote Motorsports

What size do you need? We might be able to come up with a loaner for you!

Scott

*EDIT* Just saw your last post! Excellent news.