July 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Found a nice aerial view of the track.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/articles/take-an-aerial-tour-of-the-track

zts gixx
July 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Looks like it's going to be AWESOME

N1K
November 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
F1 Race there last weekend for there first event was cool that places looks real nice! Love the name to.

Munch
November 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Any club racing there?

Jon
November 19th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Not at this time though the CMRA is racing at Nola in Lousianna next year. Generally speaking here in the US, you won't see club racing at FIM approved tracks as a matter a fact there's never been a club race at Laguna or Indianapolis but I guess if a club was rich enough they could hold one but at Laguna you've got strick noise requirement and at Indianapolis hell lord knows what that would cost. I wouldn't hold your breath though cause I can't see it happening anytime soon.

TRK
November 19th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Isn't Miller FIM approved?

TRK
November 19th, 2012, 05:07 PM
And Barber?

Jon
November 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
My mistake. I know Miller's been used both for World Superbike and club racing. Barber been used for AMA and club racing but I've yet to see a world championship event there though and COTA is approved for FIM but I'm not seeing it on anyone's club schedule yet.
I'm not sure about our local tracks but doubt we've got the draw for WSB/MotoGP just yet and I can't imagine either at Pueblo and with PPIR you can't have more than 3000 people or Nascar would have a fit.

JimWilson29
November 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
NESBA just posted that they inquired about track rental at COTA and it's $50k per day private rental.

Jon
November 20th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Maybe we need to all get signed up and do a trackday. I can take about six bikes in my rig! Seriously if it can be done they would do it and I'd love to ride at COTA.