PDA

View Full Version : Want to say thanks to everyone!!

NossLou
July 2nd, 2012, 08:19 AM
This weekend sure taught me a lot about how the MRA is truly a big family. . .

I want to say thanks to the corner workers who picked my pissy ass up out of turn 9 during MWSB. You guys must really get sick of dealing with us during our moments. I also want to say thanks for sticking it out in the heat too! I cant even imagine what it was like out there without shade! Thank you!

Secondly, I want to say thankyou to Jeff Brown, Nyles, and K Finnegan. You guys dropped what you were doing to help me get the bike back to my pits and completely torn apart. Jeff and Nyles, I can't say it enough but thanks guys that was awesoeme. You guys both helped me get the thing rideable and ready in time for the afternoon.

Thirdly, I want to say thankyou to the Mohams and Papajohns for all the help throughout the weekend, and saving me from pulling a K Finneginger and running metal on metal on my brakes. Thanks Shannon! I'm glad we decided to come over and pit near you guys instead of out in the boonies... the short moments of AC were like heaven compared to our hotboxed trailer. I also now have the best used race fuel can air freshner in the garage! I wish I had an empty fuel can for every room in the house. Made my morning walking out at 5 and that was the first thing I smelled!

I also need Tony bakers phone number... Can some one PM it to me. I need to properly thank the three girls that were overly generous on Sunday. Was sort of speechless with their "fix a bike funds" they raised! Pretty Freaking cool!

I will say that I had a few of my neighbors come out and watch the races since they wondered what we all did. They were blown away by the support of everyone and thought it was pretty neat. They race MX and were shocked on how helpful everyone in the pits was, not just for me but other riders who hit the deck. They also could not believe how stupid fast Shane was on the exit out of 9.

Anyways I'll quit my babble but I just wanted to say thanks to you all. Looking forward to rock and roll at high plains here in about 4 weeks! :D

KFinn
July 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
PM'd you on TBags number.

You're welcome. Glad I could kinda help.

NossLou
July 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks man! BTW your nickname is freight train.... :shock:

Ray-Ray
July 2nd, 2012, 10:29 AM

NO... It's Ginger!!

Slo
July 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Damn didn't even know you went down.... Glad you came out of it ok. Great job for the others who stepped up!!!

NossLou
July 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM

NO... It's Ginger!!

Ok :-)

Throttleroller277
July 2nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
The Ginger Train!

No prob Nik! Always glad to help.

You did a great job putting it all behind you when got back out there, and managed a podium finish. Not everyone is able to do that. 8)

mkdiehl
July 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Nick,
Do you run a go pro?

NossLou
July 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
I used to, however the current bodywork won't let it stick with the cup, therefore I gave up. Mobley normally does though. I'd like to see his....

BTW man that was awesome riding! Did not see that coming at all!

mkdiehl
July 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
thanks......almost awesome...... :oops:

NossLou
July 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
BS can't think of it that way at all... IT WAS AWESOME RIDING 8)

d_mob
July 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Check this sweetness out...

I did NOT have it on during my battle w/ Moham and crash in HVY-END.

I did have it on during AM-U, but it was facing forward, so missed everything.

I did NOT have it on during AM-O, so I missed an epic battle throughout.

Awesome camera skills this weekend. Essentially missed everything I would have liked to see.

I'm renaming my GoPro to GoNov. :)

Guess what though??? Even my GoNov knows what practice session to run in. Ooooohhhhh... I kid. I kid!

PS... Great riding Nik and Matt. You guys were hunting me in AM-U.

PPS... I landed on a football out past turn 9 during my crash. If anyone wants it let me know. It is currently on my trophy shelf in place of the trophy I gave up by crashing like an idiot out of a comfortable 2nd.

NossLou
July 2nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Dang well it would have been neat to see a lot of these wrecks on video...sounds like the heat had issues on many other cameras too. If you get a chance David do you mind posting the U race...kinda wanted to see turn 10 and what was going on with the bike there... Felt a lot worse than it was but just wanted to see it.

d_mob
July 2nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'll check it out tonight or tomorrow and will post up. I'll tell you what happened as I was no more than 2 feet behind you.

After getting me on the brakes with a dive-bomb in 9, you went slightly wide through 10 and I kept the regular line. When you went out on the drag strip you gassed it and the rear wheel stepped out about a foot.

I saw that and had a MAD drive and would have gotten past you easily, but suddenly your right leg/foot was off the peg and directly in front of me. I had to roll off or I would have chopped your leg off. I did and that cost me the race by 3/100ths. ](*,)

Although I'm bummed, it really was an incredible race with you and Matt. On the 2nd or 3rd lap I looked back and did a double take as I expected to see you and had an eyeful of Diehl's red rocket. Ok, maybe that isn't a good nickname for his bike. :D

Keep an eye out. I'll put it up here tomorrow --

NossLou
July 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks I appreciate it. It will probably that close for the rest of the year in both those races. I was having trouble in 10 with the hard rear all day....

d_mob
July 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks I appreciate it. It will probably that close for the rest of the year in both those races. I was having trouble in 10 with the hard rear all day....

Well, add to my spectacular recording skills for the weekend. I accidentally took a screen capture/picture of my face heading out on track thinking I was recording a video. Sorry man, nothing from this round. Ugh...

NossLou
July 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Damn...the two corners I wish I could see all year there were no cameras rolling....

Fastt Racing
July 3rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Yep. You were about 30ft in front of me, and I would have had the whole thing on video, but my Gopro video got screwed up in that race like I thought. Sorry dude! Great job coming back for the podium, like Brownie said, impressive.