PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Superstreet Wreck

bcmoore
July 1st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Hi guys, I want to apologize for being the jackass who cooked it into turn 9 on the first lap. I totally missed my brake marker trying to shoot up the inside and then I did exactly what I wasn't supposed to do and fixated on the edge of the track and there I went. I want to thank the MRA staff and the emergency crew who provided me immediate care. I think the ambulance was there almost immediately. I also want to thank the guy pitted across from me who helped my family put the bike into the trailer. I'm a pretty sore today. I have a severely sprained shoulder and chipped a couple bones in my foot. The bike is pretty messed up to.. I probably won't be making it to any more rounds this year. It will take the winter to rebuild, but I will be back..

Sorry again and thanks for the support from everyone who stopped by..

-Brian

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Hey, it's great you know what you did wrong. Usually crashes result from 2 mistakes - the second one either due to or trying to fix the first one.

It's hard to remember to look where you want to go - harder still to make it a reflex - but I think you can.

Best wishes for a fast healing.

Ray-Ray
July 2nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Hey Brian,

In the 15+ years I've been in the MRA I have never seen anything like that happen before! That was some crazy sh%t! So glad you are OK! Now rebuild your bike into a race bike and come back!

The best part of the whole thing was seeing the faces of the PMI maintenance crew when they saw you went through the fence. It was epic!

Throttleroller277
July 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Glad to hear you're ok!!

Like Jim said, at least you know how and why your accident happened.

JimWilson29
July 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
looks like another rider's GoPro caught part of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGzQa37pk28

Slo
July 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Brian, it's SLO, glad I could help your family load back up, even more glad the injuries were not more severe. If there is anything I can do to help get the bike back together, just let me know.

I was out watching turn 7 and looking for everyone I recognized (after I heard about someone crashing) and realized it was you, that's when I headed back to the pit area and helped load up.

Hopefully your family isn't too freaked out over it, but I am sure some are naturally.

BTW, no need to apologize, accidents do happen, and at least you know what went wrong.

bcmoore
July 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Can anyone recommend a place in the Springs area that can do an assessment on forks? They don't look bent to me, but I'd like to have a professional look at them. Also, the front wheel doesn't look bent, but I'd like a second opinion.

Thanks
-Brian

TransNone13
July 4th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Glad you're, ok. You scared the shit out of me and I ran off because I couldn't help but look and lost focus. (I was the the one in the white on the video that was posted here).

jmaher
July 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Can anyone recommend a place in the Springs area that can do an assessment on forks? They don't look bent to me, but I'd like to have a professional look at them. Also, the front wheel doesn't look bent, but I'd like a second opinion.

Thanks
-Brian

I'd contact Eric Peat at Apex. If he can't help you, he will know who can.

Joe