PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Schedule --Updated 3/15--

The GECCO
February 19th, 2007, 02:02 PM
**see reply below for updates**

Hello all,

Thanks to Earlene being as fabulous as she is, I was able to secure another date at Pueblo in 2007. As with everything in life, there is a good side and a bad side. The added weekend is the first weekend in September - Labor Day Weekend - and it will be a double header.

I know it sucks that we will be racing on both Memorial Day and Labor Day. But the upside is that this change will eliminate TWO trips to La Junta.

La Junta is still up in the air, and this change takes some of the pressure off for 2007. If we lose La Junta entirely we still have an 8 race season at minimum. Racing once at La Junta brings us to 9 races. Adding an event at Casper would bring us back to 10.

The other upside is that in the event that something terrible comes up and the new track won't be ready at all in 08, we will be "grandfathered" into these dates in 08 if we need them.

Here is the schedule as of today (2-19-07):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/TheGECCO/mra/2007MRASCHEDULE.jpg

Note that the Casper event is VERY TENTATIVE at this point, if we are able to work something out this will be the date I will shoot for. The Casper event will NOT be a street course, but we are looking at trying to do something at the airport. Stay tuned for more details.

The GECCO
March 15th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Long story short, I have pulled the plug on the Casper event. There are some other projects going on at the airport this year that could have a serious negative effect on out ability to run a race there, and on rather short notice.

We may revisit the issue next spring, but no promises.

Still working on La Junta, there has been positive progress but no resolution as of yet.