PDA

View Full Version : Super Street Questions

Cornfd
June 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
I've done a couple track days at HPR and am interested in entering a super street race. Although I don't want to get run over on my street bike. What is a fast lap? What is the average time for first, second place in super street?

Thanks.

JimWilson29
June 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
The MRA does not track Super Street lap times. Previous SS participants may be able to provide you their lap times if they used a lap timer.
It's open to all levels of riders so I doubt you will get run over on your GSXR1000.

spideyrdr
June 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM
I did SS 2 years ago so I can't talk about what it's like out there now, but I cannot stress enough how awesome of an experience it was. It's a great way to get some exposure to a race environment!

Remember that SuperStreet is not open to licensed racers, so you're usually running with other people who are wanting to get out there for their first tastes of racing. You're not going to be racing against current class champions, in other words. I had great instruction and support when I did it, and I can bet that's not changed. I can't endorse it enough.

Cheers,
Jamie

guambra2001
June 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
I had a blast! First time ever doing anything like that, I learned a lot especially to really trust my tires. Try it you'll like it.

WolFeYeZ
June 21st, 2012, 08:08 PM
Cornfed, you are definitely fast enough man. I'm a complete track noob and still got 7th and 4th in SuperStreet and I am sure you are faster than me.

Cornfd
June 21st, 2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm thinkin I'm going to run SS July 28th. Just wanted some insight into what I am in for.

bcmoore
June 21st, 2012, 09:48 PM
Hi,

I'll be joining you on Saturday in Superstreet!! It will be my first race experience, I'm a trackday junkie who just moved here from California, so Friday will be my first day at PMP, hopefully I can find some guys to give me a tow around there.

Looking forward to meeting some Colorado racetrack junkies..

-Brian

random hero
June 21st, 2012, 11:37 PM
If you guys are serious about wanting to keep track of your lap times... Come find me @ race weekend, we can velcro my GPS lap timer on your tank, easy peasy. Black gsxr 1000, #199

luke

Throttleroller277
June 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cornfd and bcmoore,

Feel free to give me a call with any questions or concerns.

303-210-0424

Brownie 8)

Chadwick929
June 22nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
I timed my GoPro vid when I did SuperStreet last year. My fastest lap was a 2:01, but I was pretty consistent in the 2:02-2:03 range once I got past some of the slower people. That was just me though. I'm not sure what other people are running in that class. Just FYI, I was on a 2008 R1 and running some Dunlop slicks, so that may have helped a little, but I know I wasn't pushing the tires as hard as the real racers do.

Fastt Racing
June 22nd, 2012, 11:40 PM
I had so much fun doing the superstreet at Pueblo. It was awesome. Bcmoore and cornfd, you guys will have no problem finding one of us to show you around. Most everyone out there are very generous with helping out the superstreet riders on Friday trackdays. Just ask anyone there if they know of someone that could help you and you will get hooked up for sure. See you there guys!

Slo
June 25th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Cornfed and others, come and find me to pit with, will have a couple of canopy's for some shade, will have tools and other stuff you can use as well.

#510 on the team slo white/black bike