PDA

View Full Version : this bird died in the name of racing

nobasin
June 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM
this little guy came up out of the grass between turn 1 and 2 right as i was transitioning and hit my left shoulder hard during practice friday afternoon. i thought he just glanced off and went along his way, but he must have gotten knocked a little silly and wound up getting stuck in my frame basically resting on the top of the radiator, cooking in my bike. i only hope he had the ride of his life before he went on his way. i didn't even find him until i was cleaning my bike for tech friday night. carl wasn't sure if that would have passed tech or not, rule book is a little unclear on this one.

he is now resting peacefully behind the gas pumps with a circle of rocks paying tribute to his sacrifice for the mra and his block pass gone horribly wrong. rest in peace birdman.

mike-

http://gravityplanet.com/images/bird-f4i-highplains.jpg
http://gravityplanet.com/images/bird-f4i-highplains-close.jpg

rforsythe
June 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Must be a bird thing there. I was told after the endurance race that some bird was trying to make mid-air sexy time with my helmet at least 3 times as I went through T1, it would hover up in the wind and as I went through it would dive down and surf the air stream over the top. I never saw it but apparently some folks thought it was going into my face at one point. That would have certainly made for an interesting pit stop...

jmaher
June 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Perhaps a good reason to use tear-offs.
Joe

nobasin
June 11th, 2012, 11:13 PM
bird..."holy shit, what just happened...whoa, i'm just hauling flying ass right now, this is awesome!...hey, is it hot in here or is it just me? ffffffffpssssstttttttt"

MadVlad
June 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM
RIP birday!.... there were a lot of birds just diving into turn 7 and 8 on Saturday, is like they were asking for it.

jmaher
June 12th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Like the birds are any smarter than we are doing this sport? :D

Joe

nobasin
June 12th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Like the birds are any smarter than we are doing this sport? :D

Joe

word.

AR
June 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Last year Shelly, if I remember the name right, wife of the photographer at the Jason Pridmore school, asked me for a ride to Parker from HPR.

Beautiful woman...

I'm a young man. Excuse me.

I said sure, I'll drive you to Parker, as long as you don't mind your stuff getting a bit wet from the rain... And the fact the wipers don't work. And the fact the seats aren't exactly tip-top. She said yeah dude aint my first rodeo... let's go!

I smashed into a bird going a good 70mph and splattered his guts all across my truck's windshield. Shelly literally burst out laughing and started relating her first "I killed a bird with my truck in Kansas" story - apparently she cried the first time it happened to her.

She thought it was hilarious when it happened 20 years later!

You meet the nicest people when you race motorcycles...

LMAO.

:-)

You really do.

neh
June 13th, 2012, 12:26 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558319_10150685192883425_726683424_9327499_8763748 00_n.jpg