PDA

View Full Version : NovU riders - how is everyone?

spideyrdr
June 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
As most everyone knows, there was a lot of off-track action in the NovU race. How is everyone doing? I know Tyrel (sp?) had a pretty banged up wing. Anyone know how he is doing?

There were, what, 6 or 7 guys who went down in the race total. 2 on the original start, 2 on the first restart, 1 on the second restart, then I thought 1 or 2 ran off in the final 3-laps? I hope everyone is safe or recovering well from the weekend.

Cheers,
Jamie

vort3xr6
June 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I talked with Tyrel. Some pretty good broken bones but is in good spirits. Since I live next door to him I am gonna make him a few dinners for him and his boy while he heals. Make sure and keep those shock bolts and nuts tight people!!

Teach
June 11th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Im doing well considering the crash.. ( first crash of the race). Yesterday I was pretty sore and I have some rash where the leathers tore but other than that I think I'm VERY lucky!!

spideyrdr
June 11th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Im doing well considering the crash.. ( first crash of the race). Yesterday I was pretty sore and I have some rash where the leathers tore but other than that I think I'm VERY lucky!!

Were you the rider who went UP before turn 1? I was to the right of that, saw a rider go up, heard the bike come down and was hoping to not get collected up in the subsequent fallout. If you're that guy and you're just sore, that's a great thing!

spideyrdr
June 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I talked with Tyrel. Some pretty good broken bones but is in good spirits. Since I live next door to him I am gonna make him a few dinners for him and his boy while he heals. Make sure and keep those shock bolts and nuts tight people!!

Good to hear, and good on ya for helping him out. He was a bit dazed when I ran into him in the pits and the office. It's definitely reminder to go through some of the nuts and bolts that don't normally get checked! Wish him well please.

Teach
June 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Were you the rider who went UP before turn 1? I was to the right of that, saw a rider go up, heard the bike come down and was hoping to not get collected up in the subsequent fallout. If you're that guy and you're just sore, that's a great thing![/quote]

Yeah that was me.. again. very lucky I'm only sore. Glad no one else was collected in that.

rforsythe
June 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Luke was one of them (T10 I think?), he's fine too. Bike took a bunch of HPR's mud home with it and his shiny new lid is toast, but his head isn't (more than it was already) so it did its job. Good reminder that helmet fit/quality is paramount.

t_jolt
June 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
hey guys its Tyrel.

first off thanks for who helped me out! couldnt of done it without you guys.

as for a list of injuries:
collar bone = 3 pieces
left shoulder blade = 4 pieces
hair line fracture on left side of pelvis
bruised ribs
severe concussion

i hit down so hard that when they clean out my ears in the hospital dried blood was coming out. i spent sat night and most of sun in the hospital.

thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers

Tyrel

rforsythe
June 11th, 2012, 02:58 PM
collar bone = 3 pieces
bruised ribs
severe concussion

i hit down so hard that when they clean out my ears in the hospital dried blood was coming out. i spent sat night and most of sun in the hospital.

Why the fark were you walking around the pits Saturday? Glad you're OK, but damn son.

Glad the pelvis was just a hairline, a full on fracture there might have been a flight off the track for you.

spideyrdr
June 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM
hey guys its Tyrel.

collar bone = 3 pieces
bruised ribs
severe concussion

Tyrel

Thanks for the update, man. I was worried about ya! Heal up and holler if you need anything!

t_jolt
June 11th, 2012, 03:52 PM
from what i understand of my wreck. the lower bolt that holds the shock on ended up having the nut fall off and the bolt fell off when i was decelerating from turn 4 going into turn 5. Once the bolt fell out it cause the subframe etc to all fall on the rear tire and locked it up. instantly threw me to ground hard. i was wearing a new arai course air v. i believe right now that had i been wearing something of less quality i wouldnt be here right now. i would still probably be in the hospital.

Young Luke
June 11th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Luke was one of them (T10 I think?), he's fine too. Bike took a bunch of HPR's mud home with it and his shiny new lid is toast, but his head isn't (more than it was already) so it did its job. Good reminder that helmet fit/quality is paramount.

Yep, turn 10 after the first restart. GPX Data seems to correlate my feeling that I lost the front at about 70+ somewhere mid turn.

*Another* concussion, some soreness but nothing broken. Bike is not bad from what I could tell.

Not exactly how I saw the day going at all. Glad everyone else is doing alright.

Damn Tyrel. Damn. :)

spideyrdr
June 11th, 2012, 09:33 PM
*Another* concussion, some soreness but nothing broken. Bike is not bad from what I could tell.

Glad to hear nothing was broken. I wasn't too far behind the dust cloud in 10 and thought "Oh shit."

70 isn't "that fast" for 10. Do you know if you grabbed too much brake or what? Mend up, duct tape up, and get back out there!

Wayniac
June 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I went inside on 1 and was watching someone sliding and bike cartwheeling out of the corner of my eye.

NossLou
June 12th, 2012, 07:10 AM
hey guys its Tyrel.

collar bone = 3 pieces
bruised ribs
severe concussion

Tyrel

Glad you are all right dude, even considering the broken pieces. Heal up quick man and drink a ton of milk! Take care man and you will be back out there blowing sh!it up with tannerite in no time :D And back on the bike of course!

Young Luke
June 12th, 2012, 10:38 PM
70 isn't "that fast" for 10. Do you know if you grabbed too much brake or what? Mend up, duct tape up, and get back out there!

So looking at the data, the TPS readings look like I had set the throttle for the turn which would mean I was off the brakes at the time I lost the front. Fully expected to make the turn without issue and was totally surprised when I hit the track. Seems like a tire question. This set only had AmO from pikes on it.

jeff healy
June 13th, 2012, 08:26 AM
10 has a weird bump in it and sometimes when I come thru there I hit it hard and sometimes I don't. possibly it just upset the bike enough to push the front? Need the suspension telemetry now too to really analyze :)