PDA

View Full Version : HPR Round 3 - Sign up.

Ray-Ray
May 29th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Hey Guys,

Please let me know what your plans are for round 3.

Remember this is our 4 hour Endurance weekend. Last year we collected enough extra cash from racers that EVERYBODY that worked Saturday got an extra $100 in their pockets. I hope to do that again this year. Not only did you get extra cash last year but you were spoiled with FOOD and Drinks for the endurance race.

We will cap the corner workers at 22. IF you sign up ahead of time you will be sure to get paid. IF you just show up without signing up you are not guaranteed getting paid.

Thanks,
Ray-Ray

FTG Racing
May 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I'll be there both days.

-Rick

Solinary
May 29th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I will be there both days.

-Joe P.

Wicked_91
May 30th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I will be there for the 3rd race weekend at HPR!

See ya,
Athena:)

Reagan_035@yahoo.com
May 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I AM I IN... SEE YA BOTH DAYS

shaneboone
May 31st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hi. I will NOT be at round 3 this June 9 weekend. Am going to WhiteClay,Nebraska that weekend for social political action. Hope everyone has a fun and SAFE weekend of solid racing at High Plains.
See all at round 4 at Pueblo, and am requesting turn 7 for at least one of the days at PMP.
Later.

cornerworkr
May 31st, 2012, 08:10 PM
I will be there as well as Mike M and Loren E.

Bob Heaton

MadVlad
May 31st, 2012, 08:13 PM
If more corner workers are needed I'd like to give this a try as I'll be out there to spectate anyways. I want to become more involved in the MRA scene and learn of course. I have never done this before so I'd need a quick walk through. I really can't imagine it being a difficult task. If not then no big deal lol, looking forward to a full weekend of racing and fun with fellow friends/racers.

DebH
June 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'll be there Sunday, but can't make Sat due to my work schedule. Nightshift. :evil:

WolFeYeZ
June 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
I am very interested in doing this for round 3. Is there a training that I would have already had to done in order to help out?

tecknojoe
June 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
If more corner workers are needed I'd like to give this a try as I'll be out there to spectate anyways. I want to become more involved in the MRA scene and learn of course. I have never done this before so I'd need a quick walk through. I really can't imagine it being a difficult task. If not then no big deal lol, looking forward to a full weekend of racing and fun with fellow friends/racers.

Ray Ray, put this guy with me. I'll make him do the work so I can kick back and chill

I'll be there on Saturday

MadVlad
June 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM

Ray Ray, put this guy with me. I'll make him do the work so I can kick back and chill

I'll be there on Saturday

As long as I get the cash sure lol... if they pair me with you even to just watch and get a feeler for the task sure.

Gone_Skiing
June 4th, 2012, 10:35 AM
From the replies so far on the list we do still need people.

For the new people please wear white pants. I will have t-shirts for you at sign in. We meet at 6:30am in the classroom (large trailer next to the office, closest to the food trailer). Please arrive ready to work. As usual be prepared for any weather. We can race in the rain at HPR. Also absolutely no Yellow or Red clothing allowed. We do have some clear rain gear if you don't have rain gear that isn't an appropriate color.

I will be going over the responsibilities and doing a (very) condensed version of the training at the start of the day. If you are new and haven't worked before please make a note of that next to your name when you sign in and I will do my best to put you in a corner with an experienced worker to help you learn (but not Joe since I don't want him slacking ;) ).

I have a corner marshal training document that I will post a link to once I get it put on the server somewhere.

Thanks and see you all Saturday/Sunday!

-Nick Gibson

MadVlad
June 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Cool, I can only be there Saturday fyi. Also as far as shoes, what is required?

JimWilson29
June 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Bring a completed membership app with you and turn it in to me on Saturday morning - http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2012_MRA_Membership_Application_Packet.pdf

MadVlad
June 4th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Bring a completed membership app with you and turn it in to me on Saturday morning - http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2012_MRA_Membership_Application_Packet.pdf

Will do, I'll be e-mailing you about my S.S sign up in August alng with a few other questions after work. Thanks!

tecknojoe
June 4th, 2012, 04:12 PM
(but not Joe since I don't want him slacking ;) ).

-Nick Gibson

This is nonsense, I never slack, except for when I'm slacking!

Cool, I can only be there Saturday fyi. Also as far as shoes, what is required?

I just wear boots because sometimes I walk/run through some grassy/muddy crap. I also use shoe inserts because I'm not used to standing on my feet all day

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'll be there If I can get some more info...I was told there was gonna be punch and pie??? I'm in for June 9th as a Marshal if someone wants to run the drill with me, rules, flags, etc. Not Joe, cause he'll just teach me how to sit on my a$$ and I'm already familiar with this. :twisted:

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Just read through the handbook...where do I sign up?

MadVlad
June 5th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Read Jim's post above with that link.

Slo
June 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Friggin awesome, more CSC'ers for corner workin....before they join superstreet!!!

We are looking at some potential future top ten'ers in Nov class.

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Read Jim's post above with that link.

Um...where?

Slo
June 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM

Here you go bro.

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM

Here you go bro.

Thank you much Sir! :mrgreen:

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM

Here you go bro.

Is this an application for the MRA license to race? ie GTU, GTO, Endurance, etc.? I just want to Marshal a few times and help out maybe do superstreet in a month and save the MRA license till next season, when I can afford a whole pit crew, tour bus and paddock girls in tight clothes with the umbrellas....ya know? DO I need to fill out a membership form to Marshal? I understand the legal mumbo jumbo, you know, like I'm aware of the risk's involved by standing next to a racetrack with people flying around the track at a high rate of speed. I'm just a nub with questions....wanna lend a helping hand and get all the info I can about the sport.

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Friggin awesome, more CSC'ers for corner workin....before they join superstreet!!!

We are looking at some potential future top ten'ers in Nov class.

:-$

Slo
June 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM

Here you go bro.

Is this an application for the MRA license to race? ie GTU, GTO, Endurance, etc.? I just want to Marshal a few times and help out maybe do superstreet in a month and save the MRA license till next season, when I can afford a whole pit crew, tour bus and paddock girls in tight clothes with the umbrellas....ya know? DO I need to fill out a membership form to Marshal? I understand the legal mumbo jumbo, you know, like I'm aware of the risk's involved by standing next to a racetrack with people flying around the track at a high rate of speed. I'm just a nub with questions....wanna lend a helping hand and get all the info I can about the sport.

Maybe your supposed to fill out the medical release portion, but I will let someone else more knowledgeable in this chime in.

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Maybe your supposed to fill out the medical release portion, but I will let someone else more knowledgeable in this chime in.[/quote]

I can do that.

MadVlad
June 5th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Just fill out the app, waiver and medical form. Turn it into Jim Saturday morning and he'll give you your membership card/pass.

thankgod
June 5th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Just fill out the app, waiver and medical form. Turn it into Jim Saturday morning and he'll give you your membership card/pass.

E Z P Z. What time do we have to be there? Either I'm missing some critical info or I'm just really slo...or slo is slo...wait I'm thankslo...er....slogod...no..ug...:D i have issues.

WolFeYeZ
June 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM

For the new people please wear white pants. I will have t-shirts for you at sign in. We meet at 6:30am in the classroom (large trailer next to the office, closest to the food trailer). Please arrive ready to work. As usual be prepared for any weather. We can race in the rain at HPR. Also absolutely no Yellow or Red clothing allowed. We do have some clear rain gear if you don't have rain gear that isn't an appropriate color.

I will be going over the responsibilities and doing a (very) condensed version of the training at the start of the day. If you are new and haven't worked before please make a note of that next to your name when you sign in and I will do my best to put you in a corner with an experienced worker to help you learn (but not Joe since I don't want him slacking ;) ).

I have a corner marshal training document that I will post a link to once I get it put on the server somewhere.

-Nick Gibson

There you go TG. Read more :P

Lynn Carey
June 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Working both days.

Gone_Skiing
June 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM

For the new people please wear white pants. I will have t-shirts for you at sign in. We meet at 6:30am in the classroom (large trailer next to the office, closest to the food trailer). Please arrive ready to work

You beat me to it.

To answer a few other questions in one post:
Shoes: No open toed shoes/sandals. Wear something you'll comfortable standing all day in.
Application Form: Please fill out the whole application. You do NOT need to supply a credit card number (unless you'd like to. I sorta promise to only use it for corner worker beverages... :wink: I cannot speak for Jim Wilson tho )

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will see you all Saturday!

-Nick

JimWilson29
June 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Correct! Fill out everything except the lower half of the membership application that says "Racers Only". If you choose to put your credit card number on it, I'm sure we could use it to subsidize the party after the 4 hour is over. :mrgreen:

thankgod
June 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM

-Nick Gibson

Thank you Wolfy! Ug ty to you too! I'll be there Saturday for Marshal-ing.

thankgod
June 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM
And remember kids...Reading is FUNdamental. :shock:

Ray-Ray
June 7th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Ed Shuler is working both days I believe.
Sarah Linnebur Sunday
Cody Schaffer Sunday

MadVlad
June 7th, 2012, 11:54 AM
As far as hats what is allowed and what isn't?

Ray-Ray
June 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM
As far as hats what is allowed and what isn't?

Anything as long as its not red or yellow.

Spiderman
June 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I can't make it this year - I'm in a different country, eh?
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/Spidey/wavingCanadaFlag.gif

Slo
June 8th, 2012, 10:31 AM

Did you get deported??? :lol:

mopoet178
June 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Marshal P and Nicole R will be cornerworking both Saturday and Sunday.

-Marsh

thankgod
June 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM

Did you get deported??? :lol:

lol :p